FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iWeb? how do you upload it to non .mac sites?

Do you like iWeb
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not Sure
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

fayettemat
well im getting iWeb today or tomarrow and then im going to try to start building webpages with it ditching my old ways of HTML and Javascripting cause it takes way TOO long! also any comments on this product also the reason that i posted this is to know if anyone knows any tricks for the iWeb app when building sites
jeffsolodky
Don't they have free software for designing webpages?
Kovalchuk17
iweb has pedesigned templates for personal webpages. You don t neccessarily need to make your own. if your stuck just go to the apple support page. http://www.apple.com/support/
Sonox
ehm what is it?
riv
Yeah, you can upload your site that you've made in iWeb to another server other from .Mac... It's quite simple, really, all you need to do is to save the finished website to your hard drive and upload it to the server, using a FTP client, or just simply using the File Managers built into DirectAdmin and CPanel. I wouldn't recommend ditching HTML though... It gives you more customizability and you would feel more proud of the website. Plus, I hear the code generated by iWeb is really ugly... *Compatibility Warning*
xl64
Be carefull with iWeb, all feature are only available on .Mac accounts and few other servers...
This is the case of diaporamas and visit counter...
The Diaporamas works on my school's server but not on multimania...
Will try when i'll be abble to on Frihost Wink
It's right that sources are really ugly, so don't use it if you want to edit sources Wink
You can try RapidWeaver too ...