FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IDE problem

NuniPio
my IDE hardrive stopped working eversince i installed my sata hardrive..i cant get the two of them to work together unless the ide is loaded with windows..can anybody help?
cheeta
NuniPio wrote:
my IDE hardrive stopped working eversince i installed my sata hardrive..i cant get the two of them to work together unless the ide is loaded with windows..can anybody help?

just enter in the bios... & navigate to the BOOT device option... there set ur 1st boot device as the hdd1 or what ever number ur IDE HDD has...
devroom
look in the motherboard manual. You received with the motherboard or look at the site of your motherboard creator (eg asus or msi)
NuniPio
cheeta wrote:
NuniPio wrote:

just enter in the bios... & navigate to the BOOT device option... there set ur 1st boot device as the hdd1 or what ever number ur IDE HDD has...

yea wen i do boot from sata the ide hard drive doesnt show up in my computer..and now it doesnt even show my hardrive in the bios.. Sad
NuniPio
devroom wrote:
look in the motherboard manual. You received with the motherboard or look at the site of your motherboard creator (eg asus or msi)

ive tried already..its an msi k8n neo2 platninum edition
technology.sponge
soem mobos don't allow the two different interfaces to be run at the same time

try using the connecting the ide through a sata connection via an adapter
prongs_386
okay, most sat devices work like this. In your bios each sata drive will be listed asd a seperate ide channel, and the drive is always a master. Enter your bios and goto standard settings where it lists all your drives, go through and press the button on each to automatically find and list it for you, usually enter. If they don't all show up and your sure they work individually without the other, then flash your bios. Look at your motherboard manufacturer's site. It should list the latest bios and the updates it makes. I very much doubt this board would be designed without the ability to run both, so a bios update is your best option.