FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MEMBERS NEEDED URGENTLY

munkey_boy
Hello please check out my website and post on it as they are forums and only 2 members i want and i really want it to be a cool community/forum hangout www.munkeyboyforums.tk. And i have another website which is for a runescape millions guide which is completely free [url]mmrmg.atspace.com[/url]
madsencarl
Firstly, custom-design the board.
It needs a lot more content, a skating board just isn't enough. If you're trying to make an urban forum, make it a darker colour, and add some urban aspects to it. Add introductions, support, feedback, help and mod chat boards. try to put in some other urban sports, graffiti, bmx'ing, etc. Always at the top of the board have a "Rules" thread clearly stating in full detail what users can and can't do.
munkey_boy
madsencarl wrote:
Firstly, custom-design the board.
It needs a lot more content, a skating board just isn't enough. If you're trying to make an urban forum, make it a darker colour, and add some urban aspects to it. Add introductions, support, feedback, help and mod chat boards. try to put in some other urban sports, graffiti, bmx'ing, etc. Always at the top of the board have a "Rules" thread clearly stating in full detail what users can and can't do.

Ok, thanks but i still have the problem of not enough members and im not sure on how to custom design it
madsencarl
Get a phpbb board http://www.phpbb.com. I don't know how to custom design it either, so just check out n0obie4life's phpbb services in the marketplace. A fully set-up phpbb board with a few mods shold set you back around 80-90 FRIH$.
munkey_boy
Thanks madsen carl
reshi
Needs more content, couln't you design a front page for it all?
munkey_boy
Hmm i dont think i could beacuse it is a like already provided one (not a template) and i think you have to write every bit of script just to redesign it but i think ppl make skin so i waill have a look around and can some ppl please register on my website beacause i really need visitors so bad so if you have any spare time just sign up and say hi and have a chat in the forums but that will only happen if ppl sign up so SIGN UP (please?)
troyinator
It's a good start, but like the others said, it still needs some work, especially with colours. The urban-style sounds like it could really work nicely, so try practicing making graffiti-style text to use as titles.
munkey_boy
If any1 here know how to make skins or add them plz tell me how and PLZ CAN PPL SIGN UP
Squeeky
I wont repeat what other have said about design but I don't think you should use dot.tk. The redirection is really annoying and can get rid of guests. The frihost subdomain is better than tk.
Helios
Really great that you've installed a forum system.
But I'm afraid that in reality it is much moer complicated ^^

Work on a private and original design, get some people postin'(try opening few new members and talking to yourself, it works great with proper advertising!) and make a portal.

Also, get a TLD(.com, .net, .be Wink ).
munkey_boy
Ok....................that still doesent solve my problem of members
sergio91pt
NO OFFENSE

but ur forum it's have almost empty, u should try to look for a good skin

And for the runescape guide, i'm a runescape player, lvl 90 cb, and i think the guide is very unhappy, it looks like it's only for lvl 3 to 10 lol. Ushould make one for free players and members, for lvl 3 cb, lvl 20 cb,... More imgaes will help, a big merchant guide explained with price to buy and sell, wehere to buy and sell,... Maybe some rs websites will help you:

Just tried to help... Wink
munkey_boy
sergio91pt wrote:
NO OFFENSE

And for the runescape guide, i'm a runescape player, lvl 90 cb, and i think the guide is very unhappy, it looks like it's only for lvl 3 to 10 lol. Ushould make one for free players and members, for lvl 3 cb, lvl 20 cb,... More imgaes will help, a big merchant guide explained with price to buy and sell, wehere to buy and sell,... Maybe some rs websites will help you:

Thanks i want critisism so i can work on it and make it better And would you be able to tell me any good skin site for invision free boards Very Happy
munkey_boy
OK lol, now what did u think of the runescape guide website. Or maybe me and you could write a guide oh and if u want to know i know my guide is dodgy thats why its completely free AND lol, you dont have to sign up for anything
sergio91pt
munkey_boy wrote:
sergio91pt wrote:
NO OFFENSE

Thanks i want critisism so i can work on it and make it better And would you be able to tell me any good skin site for invision free boards Very Happy

Well, i never worked with invision, only phpbb, but i can give u a few sites, don't know if they are good or not Razz :

try searching on google Wink
munkey_boy
Thanks sergio91pt
munkey_boy
I still need members
sergio91pt
For the forumput more forum topics, start posting yourself, invite friends to post, create a good logo and put it instead of Invison logo, post thing on the portal and make it the first page on the .tk, search for invision mod's and install good ones because will attract ppl, create a banner for put at our forum sig, install new smiles....

By the way i have registered in your forum Wink Cool Dancing

For the rs website, srry but i'm very busy to help u, but as i said before create guides, good developed, with lots of content, very well explaned, put more images,... On the website propely try to put a skin that attract ppl, put more menus, crate affiliates, banner exchange, quest guides, usefull guides, instead of the forum for now just put a shoutbox, useful rs things, calculators, and give the link to your firnds,...

Did i help? Wink Question
munkey_boy
Quote:
By the way i have registered in your forum Wink Cool Dancing
Thanks
cepher
if you want a full website...try out phpbb plus

or nuke, for that matter...

portals are good...Smile
munkey_boy
cepher wrote:
if you want a full website...try out phpbb plus

or nuke, for that matter...

portals are good...Smile

Are we aloud to use phpbb plus on fri host hosting(the best)
Hunterseaker
i think when you can show your licence it is ok.
and there are enough skins @ the php site and they are easy to install
anhstar
Heh! need some help with the forums and all? Is your site only a forum? No other kind of contents?
Dustin
Take it off that .tk site, those things are a curse...your site has potential but it is destroyed by that .tk domain
munkey_boy
Dustin wrote:
Take it off that .tk site, those things are a curse...your site has potential but it is destroyed by that .tk domain

Ok i might take it off but how will the only people that go on there acctualy get to it lol http://s13.invisionfree.com/Munkey_boy_forums/ is the actual link! its so long thats why i used .tk so u got anythin better than that? Smile
munkey_boy
And can a mod please change the topic name to "NEED MEMBERS URGENTLY"
panazen
if you wanted to mask your site (like the .tk) i use something called co.nr
found here (www.co.nr) it will mask your site to yourname.co.nr

i find it works like a charm. As for your boards, i find invision boards are a little harder to customize than phpbb, but when they are customized, they can look amazing. I think ill sign up on your forum too, looks like you can use a little member support.

good luck,
sergio91pt
try to get a free .com with ezyrewards in my sig Smile

Have you advertise your site to your friends?

phpbb plus it's better than invision, and u can use on frihost because its free Wink

It will be good whith plus, and an active portal, mods are very good and a SKIN is a MUST! Exclamation

U can took pub in the .tk, on the markting panel
smart19
now nth to see
will you update
tidruG
munkey_boy wrote:
And can a mod please change the topic name to "NEED MEMBERS URGENTLY"

Done.
munkey_boy
Thank you
munkey_boy
Yay ive got 6 members so far cmon plz help www.munkeyboyforums.tk
prillan
i hope u will install a new skin to the forum becaus i dont like the original one much.. its no nice design
munkey_boy
prillan wrote:
i hope u will install a new skin to the forum becaus i dont like the original one much.. its no nice design

I havent quite figured out how but i will defiantly change it when i do find out and i still need more members
Blaster
I would more sugest uploading phpb It is a better forum i think. You should use frihost to upload the phpbb.
munkey_boy
Blaster wrote:
You should use frihost to upload the phpbb.

Yes i am planning on doing that but........... ive been waiting for about 2 weeks for my request to be handled