FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What files are allowed?

pakialamaers
Can I use JavaScript?

Can you please list the files that are allowed to upload?
Like:
.jpeg
.jpg
.gif
.bmp?
Nyizsa
There are some restricted file types, for example .mp3, .mpeg, .avi. However you can host these if you prove that you own their copyright. Read the Terms of Service for more info.
I don't think an explicit list of allowed filetypes exist, but I assume if you don't find something in the restricted list, it is allowed. If you have doubts with a specific type, it is better to ask before actually uploading.
And of course you can use Javascript!
Daniel15
You can upload anything, except what Nyizsa has already pointed out.

And I wouldn't suggest uploading .bmp (bitmap) files, they're really huge in size.
Metaguy
If you want movie files, get a free flash player for your movies. I would give an example but i forgot. Just google it.
mtorregiani
Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.
Copyrighted material without the permission of the owner. (content, images, music, software, ...)

I plain to use the account for uploading videos (but they have no copyright, and it's not illegal at all)

Just a few caps from me and mates

C'mon, why we can't upload movie files? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
KHO
mtorregiani wrote:
Hosting, linking and content related to , mp3's and all other illegal files.
Copyrighted material without the permission of the owner. (content, images, music, software, ...)

I plain to use the account for uploading videos (but they have no copyright, and it's not illegal at all)

Just a few caps from me and mates

C'mon, why we can't upload movie files? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Do you own the respective copyright for said movie? lf so, then have at hosting it Neutral otherwise, unless it is royalty free and you have the permissions of Bondings and of the creator, then you may not.
Metaguy
Talk to bondings and upload a legal.txt file explaining how you own it.
pakialamaers
Thank you guys! Maybe I should read the Terms of Service as what Nyizsa had told me. I'm also wondering if .asp file is allowed in FRIHOST...
Daniel15
pakialamaers wrote:
I'm also wondering if .asp file is allowed in FRIHOST...

No, we don't provide ASP support. FriHost, like most other web hosts, uses Linux servers. Linux servers don't have ASP support (well, it can be added on, but it's really unstable).

Anyway, you can find a PHP equivelant of almost any ASP script available today.