FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you rather?

What do you like better?
Wide Screen Computer Screen
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Normal Computer Screen
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

jarred89
Hello, I was wondering what you like better wide screen or normal screen computer screens
wowz
Depends on what you want. I like my movies full screen, not wide screen.. but that's because I have a fullscreen tv and I hate widescreen on it.

I'm usually opposed to anything other than a normal CRT because I'm a gamer and the refresh rates of LCDs aren't good enough for me yet Wink
But... I did see a huge LCD widescreen that I liked.. probably just because it was huge.

Now if you aren't using your computer for gaming... well, I can't much see any other point to a computer.. I mean, why not just get a palm Wink lol

Anyway, if you're using it more for watching movies, widescreen would be good because movies come in widescreen so much more these days - it's almost the default (which makes me sad).

If you're using it for programming and internet browsing.. why spend more money?

Graphic design - I can see a good use for.. kind of.

If you have money to waste, the screen is huge, and really pretty.. who cares what you're using it for? Spend the money! lol
jarred89
I will be using it for Graphics and internet mainly and probably making my site.
bigdan
Normal for me. I've got a 19'' Dell LCD screen...it does the job for me! Very Happy
gh0stface
wowz wrote:
I'm usually opposed to anything other than a normal CRT because I'm a gamer and the refresh rates of LCDs aren't good enough for me yet Wink

Well, a lot of the newer LCD screens are becoming pretty good at playing games. You just have to make sure you find an LCD monitor that has a low response time, something like 8ms. That way there isn't any ghosting.

However, generally, you are correct. CRT's are still better for gaming.
Animal
Widescreen displays do have their advantages though. They look much smaller than they actually are.

I was looking at laptops recently, and was estimating that their sizes were around 14" when actually they were 17" Widescreens. Lower but wider... not quite so imposing.

Still prefer the good ol' 4:3 though!
Rocky3478
Widescreen all the way....... Cool
KHO
l like my movies wide screen, so of course l go with the wide screen monitor Neutral

But even for just everyday use, a widescreen is nice, just look at it Neutral its beuitiful Neutral
Marston
KHO wrote:
l like my movies wide screen, so of course l go with the wide screen monitor Neutral

But even for just everyday use, a widescreen is nice, just look at it Neutral its beuitiful Neutral
YNeutraleNeutralaNeutralhNeutral!
ocalhoun
normal computer screens
SunburnedCactus
My widescreen laptop. The world's a better place in 1680x1050. Cool
magnusmoty
wide scrins are better for watching movies.
root
Normal screen ftw...
gonzo
don't consider using anything smaller than 21" !!
Jordan
G'day,

I would prefer a normal computer screen, because I think wide screen makes the picture too distorted, and like a lot of people here said, they are good for movies, thats about the only think I believe they are good for.

Jordan Very Happy
Ping
Give me a normal screen...Most things support them...and no distortion. there.
Franswurst
I prefer the Normal Computer screen, because I find it easier and betetr to set up especially when it comes to screen resolutions, and just basic computer stuff, like going on the internet etc.

I don't like it when the screen is "stretched", same with a widescreen TV, don't like it.
DecayClan
Normal screen is the best!The only thing that widescreen can do better at, is movies!I don't ussualy use my computer in order to watch movies, therefore, i prefer the old nice 4:3!I generally belive that widescreen sucks!...A~
They want to sell them, because they are cheaper for them to make.Thing of this:Measure the emvado of the screen.You will find out that 4:3 screen are larger.