FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rounded corners on tables.... CSS maybe? can anyone help?

burningjacks
i was wandering how to make rounded corners on a table...for example like on the frihost home page. all the cells are rounded. can anyone help me with this? thanks.
Summer
Use graphics ! Not css .
Vrythramax
You can't do it with simple html or css, you'll need a combination of borderless tables and rounded images to accomplish this task.

You could always make the image in Photoshop then use an image slicer that will not only cut up the image the way you want, but it will write the tables for you that will put it aall back together again. The free version of CoffeeCup HTML Editor has this function I think, if not let me know and I'll send you the url for a free image splitter.

Take care and Good Luck Smile
snowboardalliance
You can use css for rounded borders in MOZILLA ONLY though. Google it if you"re interested in this. (It might just be around DIV tags though)
riv_
alistapart.com (I think it's .com?) has a great article on creating rounded corners on css... I think it's called "sliding doors of CSS" or something.
It's not pverly difficult and works in all browsers.
But, of course, it requires a CSS... not a table based layout.
dkbg
Well, if you want to create rounded corners on a table (used for tabular data of course, not as a layout tool) you should definitely use a combination of images and CSS. Try this excellent article about styling tables with CSS, for a great example of rounded corners on a table and just a generally beautiful table design.

Update: Hmm...just realized that the example article given uses CSS selectors which will only work in more advanced browsers (i.e. Not IE), you could always add some classes or ids in to compensate though.
zorindart
There is a solution to have rounded corners without using corener images. It uses css and javascript.
I used it in this site: http://www.txuntxuneroak.com
Full explanations in http://pro.html.it/esempio/nifty/