FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Myspace

lordcody
WHo has a myspace account?

this thing is so awesome!
myrevolt
i confess i have one. but seriously those are soo last year. i'm trying to ween my friends (and myself) off it. such a time waster. and only chainletters and flashy crap that ties up my bandwith (therefore i disable images). yup Rolling Eyes
todabeat
I use it to keep up with my homies back in SD, since i don't live there anymore i do have one.

http://myspace.com/todabeat
madsencarl
I hate myspace. No, not "my space" (I dont' have one and probably never will) but the site. I don't now why, I just hate it. Like tomatoes. I hate tomatoes.
DizzyThermal
My Myspace is

www.myspace.com/dizzythermal

Smile

It's pretty neat...

Smile
Ryuukei
I dislike myspace. But the "new" myspace at my school anyway, seems to be Piczo, which is even worse. As I walk through the library, I see people adding flashing backgrounds, pictures, and stuff like "c muh frenz acct". All three tick me off quite a bit, and it's enough to make you epileptic.
Jeslyn
Ugh, I hate Myspace. I admit, I used to use it vigorously, but mostly for my friends - then they stopped using, so I slowly stopped. Then I started using the forums, but people there - well... they seem to be lacking the brain cells to do even the basic operations

Speaking of myspace, did anyone see Wife Swap tonight on ABC with that twelve year old girl (she had her age listed as sixteen though) who was posting the typical stripper-in-training pictures on what was obviously Myspace and Live Journal?
I always knew someone had to be posting these pictures, but I never figured people took that site as seriously as she did.
MalvagioAddict
well, i don't have one, i used to want one basically because most of my friends use them at least they used to. Now it doesn't even come up on conversations anymore, not like it used to, so the way I see it, they also stopped using it or at least updating so on.

makes me feel glad that I didn't sign up though. One thing that I could tell you though is that I have a friendster account, which I confess I used to be an addict, but now I haven't checked it in about three months or so.

I feel that I'm never meant to have one of those.
Slowhand
The problem with that kind of spaces is that it's only nice if all your friends are using it, thats why I dont use it. Sometimes I use MSN Spaces, because most of my friends have MSN Messenger, so thats easier for me.
Jayfarer
I wouldn't mind MySpace if there werent' ads everywhere, and if 75% of the people who used it didn't add tacky backgrounds and eye-sore colors.
IceCameron
I hate myspace! 25% of the sites are unreadable because of some funky freakish style that makes the text unreadable.
There also useless.. except for finding hot chicks and having a wank of course..
sibbahz
I dont really like myspace, a lot of the profiles are too full of bad fonts and those awful themes that have weird cursors, and the site is far too ad infested.
More people i know use www.communities.com instead, similar thing but no ads, and better layout.
Vrythramax
*sigh*....I must also admit to having a Myspace account. I don't use it much, but it is a way to stay in touch with people.

http://www.myspace.com/vrythramax

I feel dirty now for some reason Sad
TheFaction
yeah myspace is just ok in my opinion i check up on it. but i dont really edit it that often if at all its good for keeping in touch with friends not so close to me
lockwolf
My opinion on myspace is a very weird opinion. I mainly think Myspace is there for people that dont have the time to learn how to design their own webpage but have a place out on the net to call there own. If you already know how to make a webpage or have access to a WYSIWYG editor, then they are better off making there own webpage.

Yes I do have one (http://www.myspace.com/lockwolf, but I only made it to show that I can make a Myspace and make it look as good as everyone else that makes one using an editor. I think it is a great concept but way overated
summer-sensation
Ugh...I have one. It's a little creepy, though. Random people can view your profile, can learn anything about you with just a click of a button...

*shiver* It really dows give me the creeps. But a lot of my friends have them...so... *shrug* I like talking to my friends. It's like a really...slow...AIM...

*snore*
Jeslyn
^^ Although you aren't "supposed" to (as if anyone pays attention to their rules), you can set your age to fourteen on Myspace, and choose whether you want your profile to be private, so random people can't see it. You have to have your age as fourteen though.
LuiS_J
i have myspace and seriously is gettin soooo boring.. downgrade fro myspace.. but theres a new one and my opinion is that is a lot better than myspace.. heres the link www.myyearbook.com i think is better because is a lot faster.. you can upload music.. and that's it.. LOL
nOScott
i think stuff like online journals are lame.. but thats just me
Soulfire
I use MSN Spaces. They're much more user-friendly, they look better, and they don't force ads or anything. Myspace isn't bad, but MSN allows a lot too, plus it's extremely easy.

I don't invest too much time in it, but it's fun sometimes.
Blaster
I mainly use my myspace for groups. I get help for different stuff. Very Happy

Check my myspace space out www.myspace.com/blaster95 I also helped make another myspace. Check out my work www.myspace.com/spazticcinemas
dysturbedstatic
i use myspace to comit suicide.
i can reach more people with my lame emo attemps to kill my self through bullitens.
mschnell
I have myspace but I'm pretty bored with it. I mainly use it to keep track of what my friends at home are up to. I'm kindof suprised no one has mentioned facebook...(or maybe someone has but I missed it) It's taken over the college scene. I see people on it everywhere I go. I hear people talking about it nearly as much. Rediculous.
KHO
Gah, l hate myspace Neutral piece of crap, wastes the youths minds away, it is good for keeping in touch with old friends that have moved, or if you have moved, but when people start joining just to get a date, how lame is that?! Neutral
essentialmedia
I have a number of MySpace pages and profiles. Those who think it is a "piece of crap" don't have a use for it. Anyone with half a brain can see the obvious benefit to it if you do any kind of business or own a business. It is a great promotions tool, a great way to reach the consumer face to face, a great way to spread the word about people and/or products. It is very useful in business and you can define and reach your target market.

I will admit that I don't PERSONALLY use my account, we have a MySpace Clerk who actually runs and manages all the accounts, I go on every now and then to read any random emails they don't know how to answer but besides that I don't play with it much.

I guess it all depends on what you do in life and for a job, that will determine how much if at all you use MySpace and for what purpose. I personally have secured a LOT of work including some very major productions strictly through MySpace. Hell the entire 2 million we used to launch the corporation come strictly from MySpace networking. You have to know how to use the tools you are given.

Shane
KHO
essentialmedia wrote:
I have a number of MySpace pages and profiles. Those who think it is a "piece of crap" don't have a use for it. Anyone with half a brain can see the obvious benefit to it if you do any kind of business or own a business. It is a great promotions tool, a great way to reach the consumer face to face, a great way to spread the word about people and/or products. It is very useful in business and you can define and reach your target market.

I will admit that I don't PERSONALLY use my account, we have a MySpace Clerk who actually runs and manages all the accounts, I go on every now and then to read any random emails they don't know how to answer but besides that I don't play with it much.

I guess it all depends on what you do in life and for a job, that will determine how much if at all you use MySpace and for what purpose. I personally have secured a LOT of work including some very major productions strictly through MySpace. Hell the entire 2 million we used to launch the corporation come strictly from MySpace networking. You have to know how to use the tools you are given.

Shane

And this is one of the many reasons it is crap, alot of the pages aren't really people, but escentially, an automated myspace profile, sure there isn't actually a robot doing it, but hey, thats what those useless interns are for Neutral. l actually have a friend who is on the "party-patrol" (just a little thing the cops thought up to go raid the partys teen's host) looks on myspace for all of the partys, and where they are at, then he raids their house and most of the time, there is alcohol involved Neutral (big surprise there Neutral).

And then there are the pages just meant to screw your computer over, including malicious links, a crap load of useless images just to burn your load time, a nice little script that sets your browsers home page to some X-rated sites, all kinds of hell Neutral.

lf you use myspace, enjoy, don't let my ranting get you down about it, and dont flame me, l am allowed to dislike anything l want to, deal with it Neutral. For those of you who don't, good job, unless you are desperate enough to make internet friends, or are marketing something, l think this is totally useless, and for this very reason, you haven't joined Neutral.
Rocky3478
The Myspace website isn't that well designed, IMO. That is a major problem for me....
lockwolf
Rocky3478 wrote:
The Myspace website isn't that well designed, IMO. That is a major problem for me....

I do agree with that statement. Myspace leaves a lot to be desired. One thing I would love to have implimented is a way that you can add your own catagories. Like if you were to look at my myspace, I have replaced the Books section with stuff about my computer but it is still labeled Books (Which really ticked a friend of mine off XD)
failed14
I myself like myspace. Gives me something to do when I'm bored just sitting at my computer. Actually ganna head over to it right now! Smile Check me out whoo www.myspace.com/failed14
GamersWW
Yeah i have myspace, check me out:

Code:
http://www.myspace.com/seamustheman

Myspace is great for when your bored to chat to your mates and whatever else, but this past year it has soo many server difficulties and stuff like that for downtime and matanence. I know loads of people go on it but google and microsoft put up with it...
Zuwiki
madsencarl wrote:
I hate myspace. No, not "my space" (I dont' have one and probably never will) but the site. I don't now why, I just hate it. Like tomatoes. I hate tomatoes.

I agree with you. I do actually have some reasons though. I think MySpace is for people with no ambition. I once had the choice of joining myspace because my friends wanted me too or reading a book about C++. I chose the book. I think if I had chose MySpace, I would be a dumbass to this day, caring not about learning, or getting a website on frihost.com. I would care what other people think. It would have ruined my life. That is, unless I immediately stopped using it, like I would today.

I also hate AOL in the same way.
sammistrychnine
Myspace is beginning to take over, like Wal-Mart and Microsoft.

It's annoying.

Yet, I still have two accounts on there. One for personal friends and networking, the other for my spoken word.

It does seem to be the best website out there for networking, finding friends, old classmates, new and interesting people. But once you start getting addicted to any website, it's just unhealthy.
beatmasta601
lordcody wrote:
WHo has a myspace account?

this thing is so awesome!

ME Embarassed
phoenix
hmmm... i used to have a myspace account.. ma ex got me there buh never actually used it much... m not much in 2 blogging and all... yeh i dont eva membe wat was my username their....
Donutey
Its a good way to stay in touch with people and just leave random notes (like voicemail on a phone) but those effing chain letters... i swear 90% of them come from a friends former girlfriend...
Jack_Hammer
myrevolt wrote:
i confess i have one. but seriously those are soo last year. i'm trying to ween my friends (and myself) off it. such a time waster. and only chainletters and flashy crap that ties up my bandwith (therefore i disable images). yup Rolling Eyes

Thats ike sooooo 10 seconds ago!, but seriously whats the point of a myspace account?, or anything like that, I never could understand.
myrevolt
Jack_Hammer,

well i'm not quite sure. I mean they are certainly limitations to such technologies as email and IM. being able to communicate with you circle of friends (the actual ones not that retarded system implemented by myspace) and be able to plan things like bonfires and such. does myspace work? no. bulletins were created to allow event planning but that never happens and its too open-ended. comments and the entire profile page for that matter are the main issues. profile pages are often cluttered with movies, songs, random pics and backgrounds that distort any ability to read the text. things like a friend of mines html/css editor don't help either. it only encourages crappy designs. Furthermore comments turn into a popularity race along with the status symbol of having millions of "friends". I think it has really evolved into something that completely falls short of the orginal intentions of the creators.

I personally invision and new form of keeping in touch, similiar to instant-messaging, where one can contact a friend whenever they are online instantly or an email type thing for when they are offline. no profiles or any kind. moreover, the ability to verify the identity of an individual. now of course for that to work registration would have to be done by hand by admins...or each group of friends (let's just say a school) would host a server that would be private and only accessable through verification that one is a student, alumni, or has some relation to a student.

One of these companies (yahoo, google, AOHell, etc.) will get it right one of these days....
candycakes
uh......for the person who called myspace a piece of crap, i totally agree with you. it is a complete waste of people's time, and nothing productive comes out of it. as for that "you have no use for it", nobody has any use for it. what is myspace for anyways? to put a bunch of ******-ish pictures on there, and brag about how ghetto your life is? the news just warned all teenagers to be aware of this site, as there are actual pedofiles on there. They have even arrested a couple of men for sexually assaults. If you want a blog like that, make your own or find a better site.

Then again, those sexual assaults wouldn't have happened if the idiots who posted on their myspace hadn't also posted their phonenumbers, address, and basically everything about them. How much of an idiot can you really be? It's called common sense! Use it!
jerski
myspace suxs ! friendster roks !
mstreet
Well I just went to myspace for the first time and I'm not sure if I would really want to sign up for it. Anything that has that many flashing adds I'm always weary about. Neat little concept though but I would probably get sick of it after a while.
Northgatebaseball
I absolutely hate Myspace as well. Every one at my High School wanted me to get one, but I never did. I know some people actually "meet" people on myspace and then actually go meet them in person. I think that it is for people without lives and cant get friends in real life. I am in college now, and was forced to get a Facebook account by my sister and I have to admit that it is not that bad. The profiles are easier to read and it looks a bit more professional.