FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The X-Box 360.

lordcody
This system sucks.

It is just like a normal computer, it crashes alot.

a third of the games have serious malfunctions.

the only reason its still seeling is because there are to many stupid people in the world. Go Play Station.
Dorsk82
Do you actually have one? Or is this just a rant because you don't like Microsoft?

BTW I don't have an X-box or particularily care for microsoft I am just trying to understand if your statements have any sort of backing or are just idle ranting!
troyinator
Mine hasn't crashed once, so I don't know where all this talk of it crashing all the time, and games having malfunctions comes from. How about you try and make a worthwhile topic instead of a baseless pseudo-rant?
Enderwiggin
Mine only crashes when my brother uses it, I havnt crashed it once yet, though i have crashed my car into the air in NFS Underground....

The only thing I dont like about the 360 -> You cant play normal Xbox games on it, Why wouldnt they make it backwards compatable? Sad Its a good system and all, but... not backwards compatable Sad *Sigh* I guess you cant have everything...
panazen
im on my second one. My first one ruined 2 cd's. (PDZ and PGR3) i got refunded for the cd's and i got a new xbox. This one hasn't crashed yet. *knocks on wood*. I love mine, its got good graphics and its none of that kiddie games like nintendo has.
mrblah
My first one was crashing after the first day and it mangled NFS. I got it as a gift so I can't complain too much. They should have waited at least 6 more months before release.
jarcelao
The only reason for me to buy an Xbox 360 is a game which is soon to be released.... Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION!

Once this game hits the shelves, then definitely, I am obliged to buy an Xbox 360. Heh! I'm a really big fan of the elder scrolls series and I won't pass this one up! Wink Cool
westsida
so how much is the xbox 360??
westsida
so does the xbox 360 have like 360 degree vision or what... is it like 4D or something like that?
Kelcey
The games or the OS has serious bugs. The console has frozen on my plenty times (not red lights or anything crazy though). This better not become a trend in console gaming as I have rarely experienced a game just freezing out of no where in my past console experiences. The only other times were when my nintendo was on the fritz after 6 years. Same went with the Super Nintendo.
zonymousbond007
I might get a 360 in the future, hopefully. It's either that or a PS2. They both look like great consoles... Very Happy

My current-gen console is Xbox, so I'd like to continue.
Billwaa
zonymousbond007 wrote:
I might get a 360 in the future, hopefully. It's either that or a PS2. They both look like great consoles... Very Happy

My current-gen console is Xbox, so I'd like to continue.

Why get a Xbox 360 if PS3 is coming out soon?

I don't have a Xbox, but I still think Playstation 3 will be better than Xbox 360. That is because Microsoft suck at everything beside the Operation System.

I don't don't it is true, but I hurt that Xbox 360 have a lot of problem, besideing crashing and messing up disc, I heard that one actually caught on fire burn itself somehow.

I think Microsoft shouldn't rush it before the Christmas, even though they could probably get more sale, but their lower their repitation by releasing bad products. Sony on the other hand I think is smarter. The allow themselves to have more time to devolope PS3.

By just comparing PS2 and Xbox 1, I think PS2 is better, at least the controller is better in my own opinon. The Xbox one is too big.

I am a big Playstation fan, I have a PS1 from 1998 or sometime around, then I got a PS2, going to get a PSP from my cousin this summer (I guess), then I will get PS3 sometime.
dcshoes23
Enderwiggin wrote:
Mine only crashes when my brother uses it, I havnt crashed it once yet, though i have crashed my car into the air in NFS Underground....

The only thing I dont like about the 360 -> You cant play normal Xbox games on it, Why wouldnt they make it backwards compatable? Sad Its a good system and all, but... not backwards compatable Sad *Sigh* I guess you cant have everything...

hmmmmmmm....... that's interesting, i always thought that it was going to be backwards compatible that's why i was considering getting one. Out of the new generation game systems i was considering getting a xbox 360 because the first one was such a hit, i guess we'll see in time.

Thanks
papamurphy
Quote:
and its none of that kiddie games like nintendo has

Your insolence is incredible. Nintendo may have a "focus" on kiddie games, but they still produce the best hardware (argue this with me if you will, but how many of you have bought faulty Gameboys or Gamecubes), and very fun and addictive games. Just because Microsoft has Halo, doesn't mean it is the best system out there. Just on an end note I own all three systems for this gen, and I am planning on owning all three for next gen.
Keshav
Hey I feel backward compatibility is a must. As I learn from this discussion, the XBOX 360 does not seem to have that. This would make more and more of people ditch the XBOX 360.
AnGeLicK
way too hyped up... i saw people in line outside of Best Buy and almost felt sorry for them (thought they were Hurricane survivors and they happened to be camping out over there) until i saw the 8x11 saying it was for XBOX 360... pathetic
a.Bird
Quote:
Xbox.com: Is Xbox 360 backward compatible?

Todd: Yes. Today we’re confirming more than 200 titles including games like Halo® and Halo® 2; Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic® I and II (LucasArts); Ninja Gaiden® and Ninja Gaiden® Black (Tecmo®); and Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™ (Rockstar Games). I can confidently say our goal remains to make as many games backward compatible as possible.

Xbox.com: So what are the 200+ games that are backward compatible as of today?

Todd: It's simple: You can log onto Xbox.com/games for an up-to-date list of original Xbox games that run on Xbox 360. There are more than 200 titles as of today, and we will update you on a regular basis after launch.

Quote:
Xbox.com: How is your backward compatibility solution going to work?

Todd: As you’ve heard from us before, backward compatibility on Xbox 360 is done through software. Now that we’ve solved the technical challenge and the emulator is working, we’re certifying each original Xbox title by hand to run on Xbox 360.

What I’m really proud to tell you and your readers is that it’s easy to get the emulation software, and it’s free. We’ll give gamers a choice—you can get the latest software updates from Xbox Live, burn a CD from xbox.com or sign up on Xbox.com for a CD that can be delivered to your home at a nominal shipping and handling fee. Once you get the CD, put it in your Xbox 360 and you’re ready to go.

Xbox.com: Will there be any benefits to playing original Xbox games on my Xbox 360 console?

Todd: Absolutely. One of the great things about gaming on Xbox 360 is the satisfaction of knowing that every game will be playable in high definition. We are now proud to reveal that this extends to the original Xbox games as well. Every original Xbox game will be upscaled to 720p and 1080i, and will take advantage of Xbox 360’s anti-aliasing capabilities, delivering a picture that is clearer and crisper than anything available on Xbox.

Xbox.com: What if I put in a game that isn't backward compatible?

Todd: I want to clarify—if a game isn’t on the list at Xbox.com/Games, it won’t run on your Xbox 360 console. Putting in a game that’s not on the list will give you a message saying that the game is not currently supported on Xbox 360 and point you to Xbox.com/Games for more information.

Quote:
Xbox.com: Do I need a hard drive for backward compatibility?

Todd: Yes. Xbox 360 comes standard with a 20GB hard drive accessory which will enable gamers to play original Xbox games. Those who choose to buy an Xbox 360 Core System will want to purchase a hard drive if backward compatibility is something they want at a later date.

Xbox.com: Why do I need the hard drive for backward compatibility?

Todd: It's basically due to differences in the architecture. For backward compatibility, we have to recreate the procedures and functions of Xbox using stored data on the hard drive.

Xbox.com: So if I buy the Xbox 360 Core System, my Xbox games won't be backward compatible?

Todd: If you want to play original Xbox games on an Xbox 360 Core System, all you need to do is pick up a hard drive accessory and you're ready for backward compatibility.

The Core System is about choice. If you just want to play Xbox 360 games, sign on to Xbox Live using a memory unit, and enjoy the digital media capabilities of Xbox 360, then maybe the Xbox 360 Core System is the right choice for you, particularly if you plan to play Xbox games from your Xbox console, or never had an Xbox in the first place. The point is that you can buy the Xbox 360 Core System and add the hard drive accessory when you're ready.

Xbox.com: Will I need anything in addition to the hard drive for the backward compatibility to function?

Todd: Nope. Everything is simple and painless. All you'll need is the Xbox 360 hard drive and the free software that we'll make available over Xbox Live and Xbox.com.

>>Full Interview

...the extraordinary technology of a web based search engine. Googled "xbox360 backwards" and clicked the first link. Rolling Eyes
dpkteam
pc is forever.
X-box 360 is good only for gaming!
izimngcubes15
Well, it's the first of the systems. So can't expect it to work like magic you know.
nOScott
All i know is it is hard to get one, but im going ps3 anyways Razz
notaznatall
Hmmmm not real hard to get one and definitely not the best console...I have had it for 2 weeks now and it crashed on me and hasnt turned on ever since...T_T'
n0obie4life
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-11627.html

Sticky topics are cool.

-close-