FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

frihost.com down?

Marston
I'm sure you guys have noticed, but frihost.com was down for like... 5 hours on Sunday afternoon... Whatsup with that? I have like no online life without frihost... Laughing You guys are killing me!

Seriously, though - whats going on with frihost.com? It's been up and down sporadically in the past few days... Crying or Very sad
Vrythramax
It's up and running now, I just went there and it loaded just fine.
Marston
Vrythramax wrote:
It's up and running now, I just went there and it loaded just fine.
Yes, of course frihost.com is running fine now, how else would I have submitted this thread to the database? I'm just commenting on the fact that it was down for a long time yesterday, and asking what's up with that.
madsencarl
Yeh I was worried I'd been banned Crying or Very sad
I thought FriHost had like 99% uptime? Currently it's about 80%...
Daniel15
madsencarl wrote:

No, currently it's at 99.1%: http://uppanel.com/showinfo?3804
It's still better than most free hosts, though.

And, it was only Apache that was down. FTP, cPanel and email systems still worked properly.
ignition
madsencarl wrote:

You've only been here like 4 days; give bondings a break the server probably just crashed Sunday evening or something and he restarted it this morning. I've had my site hosted since last April, and in that entire time I can only really recall around 3 unscheduled downtimes, including the one last night.

I think it's damn good that the primary server manages to stay up and running as often as it does, seeing as it's got what....3-4k websites on it?

GJ Frihost.
Daniel15
Quote:
I've had my site hosted since last April, and in that entire time I can only really recall around 3 unscheduled downtimes, including the one last night.

You're one of the only people I know that's been here longer than me, and is still active Wink

The problem with the downtimes is that they usually happen when Bonding s is asleep. That's why they take so long to fix. That's also why DirectAdmin is better than cPanel: If Apache (the web server software) goes down, DirectAdmin will restart it. cPanel, on the other hand, will just leave it down, until Bondings manually starts it again.
Bondings
[quote="daniel15"]
Quote:
The problem with the downtimes is that they usually happen when Bonding s is asleep. That's why they take so long to fix. That's also why DirectAdmin is better than cPanel: If Apache (the web server software) goes down, DirectAdmin will restart it. cPanel, on the other hand, will just leave it down, until Bondings manually starts it again.

Normally it should also be restarted on cPanel, but last time Apache was still running, just being lazy and not serving web pages for some reason.