FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.:Solved:. ATA/133 Controller Card

Donutey
I have a Syba Sil680 RAID ATA/133 PCI Controller Card with two 160GB ATA 100 Seagate Barracuda Drives attached to the primary channel. According to the card both drives are "set" to run at UDMA5 (ATA 100) however next to it the drive is listed as running at 16MB/s (PIO Mode 4?)

I've already looked into that whole "XP doesnt enable DMA by default" however, the PCI add-on card is recognized as a SCSI device.

Two questions:
1) Is there a simple (very compatible) program that can determine what mode your drives are running at (third party)
2) Is there a way to set the drives to run at rated speed?
hodgenpodg
if u know how look at the device manager and find the raid controller and hopefully there will be some more information otherwise u might wanna see if there are updated drivers for the contoller card
Donutey
in device manager the card has no options that i can discern relating to transfer speed...

it's got the latest drivers too, however i'm going to see if there are any firmware updates, (i'll have to take the card out and see what chipset it has though)
djclue917
Not the card... Find your hard drives in the device manager and enable DMA in the second drive. You could actually see if DMA is enabled or not... Just explore.. OK? Smile

Hope that helps...
Donutey
Quote:
I've already looked into that whole "XP doesnt enable DMA by default" however, the PCI add-on card is recognized as a SCSI device.

Since the card is recognized as SCSI it doesn't have IDE options. Such as turning DMA on or off... (as the drives attached to my motherboard have) I think it may have something to do with the cable I'm using (rounded el cheapo) but i'll report back tomorrow...

EDIT: Installed the Silicon Image drivers, instead of those included, works great now