FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Karma/Reputation System

Rsam
Several other boards have this sort of system. Where users are able to give a plus(+) or minus(-) value to a member. This may help mods and admins determine who the general board memebers think is a good poster and which ones are bad posters. This may be useful in picking future mods perhaps?
n0obie4life
wow, can you even give the link to where to find the mod at least?

you can't be expecting bondings to go through the 1001 pages of mod dev forum.
Rsam
n0obie4life wrote:
wow, can you even give the link to where to find the mod at least?

you can't be expecting bondings to go through the 1001 pages of mod dev forum.

Blah. http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46456

Happy now ? I didn't know it was required to actually help out, just suggesting things that could possibly improve frihost.
Bockman
Rsam thanks for the hint. the idea is good and it might be usefull to us. but I don't think the timing is good, as Bondings has too much on his hands.

I will check that out, but as far as i've seen this is a 2002 MOD that never reached the final stage.

I will check on phpBB for a (tested) MOD that does that and then i'll talk with Bondings about this.

Be Well Cool
blackant
It is actually not a good idea, as members will start to give each other bad reputation when they don't the fellow or they just use it for fun.

In other words, people will misuse it. I have seen a board with such problem and the members are not very happy. Some even left the board. ;(
Rsam
blackant wrote:
It is actually not a good idea, as members will start to give each other bad reputation when they don't the fellow or they just use it for fun.

In other words, people will misuse it. I have seen a board with such problem and the members are not very happy. Some even left the board. ;(

Well perhaps let's assume that this is a board with more mature members.
Maka
Not needed imo.
WickedGravity
It is a system that can be very easily abused by members who, for whatever reason, made or imagined, do not like the member that the karma points are being taken away, or even added too.

Plus, the mod is flawed in that it doesn't check for IP / Username similarities. Meaning that you can reg three nicks and just jack your original nicks karma to the better without the system knowing anything else about it.

If that could be addressed, maybe you could add it.

But, as for it on this site, I agree that it is not needed at this time.
Helios
Not needed at all.

I agree with Maka.
Bondings
I hate karma systems. It's not our job to rate everyone. It would create discussions like "Who gave me that bad karma! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ".

-locked-