FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I make a password...

TimsJugling
How do I set up a passworded webpage with frihost? I would need to change the password at least once a day. Im not really a noob but can you put it into step by step directions? thx
Rhysige
for starters why once a day o_0 thats crazy talk.
Seconds you can either use a PHP + Mysql protection in which case ask in the scripting forum, or you can use the frihost built in system which I havnt touch accessibly from the admin panel.
TimsJugling
Rhysige wrote:
for starters why once a day o_0 thats crazy talk.
Seconds you can either use a PHP + Mysql protection in which case ask in the scripting forum, or you can use the frihost built in system which I havnt touch accessibly from the admin panel.

How would I do it with bell sympatico websites?
all I really need to no is how do I set a passworded page up
Bondings
There is an option in your cpanel to protect directories with a password.
TimsJugling
Bondings wrote:

yes thats with frihost. but im asking how to do it with bell sympatico webhosting. would it be the same?
Bondings
TimsJugling wrote:
Bondings wrote:

yes thats with frihost. but im asking how to do it with bell sympatico webhosting. would it be the same?

My apologies, but we don't offer support for Bell Sympatico webhosting, only for Frihost. I never even heard of Bell Sympatico before. Wink
Metaguy
Just for the sake of being nice about not being on frihosts servers Evil or Very Mad , goto www.zymic.com and goto PHP tutorials. And find the password thingy! ^_^
clip
bell sympatico??? instead of making some pages password protected, why not put a header("Location: index.php"); on a protected file? ... wait, i just said something stupid. does that bell sympatico use php and mysql? if they do, then i could give you some php script for passwords.