FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do we really need an Introduction Section?

OnlyOneLife
Reading that area gets tiring after a while. How many people just press mark all topics read for that section? Rolling Eyes How many people agree? Wink
Maka
Hmm well nearly every forum has this section, but I can see where your coming from, with so many sign up's it does get tireing welcomeing every member, personally I think it's fine to stay it gives an introdution to people. Anyway let's hear some other views. Rolling Eyes
meangurl
yeah, about 90% of forums i've been into has an introduction forum. it's supposed to be a place where we can get to know about the other members. it is a place where we can express ourselves towards that person, to make friends and so on, although i don't really go to an introduction forum just to say hello, hi or whatever. an introduction forum has a purpose however here in frihost (as well some other forums), there were too many spams and didn't really serve it's purpose.
Rsam
I don't know if there is any use for the intro section.

It seems to be a breeding ground for spam, most of the replies are like "hi welcome to frihost!" I don't find it necessary to post an intro topic because all of that information could be found in the profile of each member to whomever is interested.
n0obie4life
OnlyOneLife wrote:
Reading that area gets tiring after a while. How many people just press mark all topics read for that section? Rolling Eyes

me.

i don't even give a point to read that section unless it has alot of replies or the last replier is an admin..
blackant
It is good as it encourage people to post.
Usually it is the introduction forum would be my first post when I visit a discussion board. Wink

Well, at least people will get to know more about it when they search for you under the introduction page. Wink
4f
in my opinion
it's a nessary forum area for newers
they came here to know other frihosters