FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP4 Encoder

toshlad
Hi,

Just a quicky,

Does anyone have a freeware MP4 encoder?

Maybe you know of a free MP4 encoder you'd recommend?

Cheers
neosree
Nero have mp4 encoder. If you have the ultra vertion this encoder is free with it. Wink

I didn't know there exist any free mp4 encoder. mp4 is licenced just like mp3 so there may not be any.
Animal
If it's a file conversion program (eg. mpeg1, mpeg2, DivX, Xvid etc to mpeg4) then the Videora iPod Converter is pretty good.

It's primarily aimed at iPod and PSP users, but you get quite good results and you can change quality and screen size settings.

It's free and allows you to encode standard mpeg4 formats as well as the newer, better H.264 codec. Recommended to anyone - especially if you've got an iPod or PSP!

Very Happy
desertwind
FFmpeg. Its a Free Software, Its Opensource, and its available for mutiple platforms!
zence
i suggest to ogg encoders and muzio mp3 player JM200, because it supports ogg files.
Pikokola
Well... K-Lite codec pack is good it hink Smile just search it in Download.com or else.

It's contain almost all codec that I need until now Smile
Quake
Check out
Code:
http://www.doom9.org/

The site for all your encoding needs. Primarily geared for those doing DVD Ripping or Backups, But almost anyone can find its information useful.
toshlad
Many thanks for all the help offered. I have now found exactly what I need and can now encode small amount of music to mp4 and upload them to my phone Smile

If a moderator wants to close this they can.

Thanks again.