FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can´t CHMOD subdirectories

Diebels
Hallo Admins, i installed sume stuff in the demo directory an want to upload some gfx with filezilla. By tryng to chmod some folders eg. images iget the error "550 /domains/2good.frih.net/public_html/demo/joom/templates/ms_jesus/images: Operation not permitted

Of course i tried with the filemanager from direct admin but with the same result.

Please help
thanks Confused
Bondings
Please tell me which uid/gid they have (apache or yours)?

If it's apache, please mention all directories and I'll change the ownership to you.
Diebels
Bondings wrote:
Please tell me which uid/gid they have (apache or yours)?

If it's apache, please mention all directories and I'll change the ownership to you.

Sorry, but i don´t know what are you talking about?! (uid/gid)... I just installed joomla everything seems to work allright except the chmod of the dirs

BTW thats almost all the dirs in the demo folder

cheers
Diebels
Diebels
Sorry for bothering you... i could sort it out
thanks Embarassed
zorindart
When you install joomla, the script itself creates a superuser so that nobody can change permissions appart from joomla's admin.
So, log in as an admin, go to Global Configuration > Server and in File Permissions put the dessired permissions in CHMOD new files to: (you have to select Apply to existing files too).
Once you've done, don't forget to return the permissions in their original values.