FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About IPB forums.

nevzaimnij
Why can't I use IPB forums on Frihost ? It's not illegal at all, because there are 2 versions of IPB :

1) Free Version [ with copyrights ], which can use every one.
2) Paid [ without copyrights ].

So why can't I use free version of it ? I won't remove copyrights or something like that.
Summer
There are one more . Nullified version .

Anyway , you just have to show your licence to use it .
nevzaimnij
You mean i have to buy it to use it ? But i downloaded from their site for free, and it works fine... i can't understand why I can't use it on free host Sad
n0obie4life
There is no Free Version of IPB that is downloadable from their site Rolling Eyes.

Even IPB 1.3
LandShark
They actually do have a trail version. . .
James007
LandShark wrote:
They actually do have a trail version. . .

Maybe... some versions... some times ... trials...

Do you understand why the admin has chosen "NO" to be the answer, it is not possible to control those things all the time.

AND there's other forum software available, for FREE.

James007
Bondings
We don't allow IPB forums at all unless you can prove us that you have a valid license for the board in question.

I know that there is a trial version, but most people either install a nullified one and it is very difficult for us to check that. And trial versions are only for trial, not for permanent use like most people do.

Also, don't you need some special software to be able to install it? Things that we don't even have installed on frihost?
LandShark
All you need is a valid SQL database for most, sometimes some apache stuff or php enabled stuff, other than that usually its fine
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
Also, don't you need some special software to be able to install it? Things that we don't even have installed on frihost?

Frihost has the capabilities to host IPB. All the stuff are there.
madsencarl
I don't see why you can't just use phpbb... the amount of features and add-ons it has is huge...
nevzaimnij
PhpBB is too ugly Sad and IPB is more comfortable...