FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter!

kirii
i like Harry Potter very much??
How about u all?
this book is very interesting~
good!
monkeystravels
Harry Potter stole my heart! How dare he run away with that trollop.

---
Seriously though, HP is an amazing series of books. JK Rowling has a great imagination with huge appeal to all ages. mmmm yar.
vey good, no?
kla_bor
What do you reckon about the new Harry Potter film? I have to admit that I was a bit worried that it woudn't live up to my expectations as was the case with the 3rd part. I was amased with the first two but when they changed the director I didn't enjoy the film as much as I did the previous ones. It wasn't "pottery" enough for my taste. The 4th part was amazing though and I have to say that the world cup match was far more than what I had imagined. I was positively surprised. Do you feel the same?
IceCameron
Yeah, the fourth one was the best of the movies.
They all suck tho and the third sucks to the extreme!
magnusmoty
I just like it...
rainbow
4th movie was great! Only thing i didnt like was the guy they got to replace Dumbledore - its just not the same, he seemed to forceful and angry, whereas the old Dumbledore was this jovial old man who was more then happy to eat lemon candies.

And, heard they're going to have a different director for each of the 7 movies, though im not to sure how accurite this is. I've been keeping an eye on jkrowling.com , but havent seen anything about this lately or in the archives.
leftofcenter
Quote:
Only thing i didnt like was the guy they got to replace Dumbledore - its just not the same, he seemed to forceful and angry, whereas the old Dumbledore was this jovial old man who was more then happy to eat lemon candies.

I think that they need to find a balance between the two Dumbledores we've seen. The first Dumbledore was a bit too 'frail' and half the time sounded like he was on the brink of death. The new Dumbledore, though, acts too much like a hippy. They need to find a happy medium.
spider89
I think Harry is good book. I write all books and I see all movies. Very good books. I waiting anny one.
kaze89
My best friend had to force me to read it *g*
But after I began reading I couldn't put it away anymore.
I've really enjoyed it (so much that I read it in two languages *g* )
NG
hmm i like harry potter but not tht much when i read the first one i could not wait to see the film because i liked that book but when chamber of secrets came i did not like that but i liked the films then i stopped readin harry potter and just waitted until the films and games came out but since the new harry potter book came out i like it its got better imaganation and very good characters in it so i would say i would like it Smile
historia.se
I really like Harry Potter... It's the best book I've ever read in my life (and that's much).

It's positive, to, that many swedish younglings did read the english version of Half-Blood Prince last summer. And that was the first book I have ever read in english... And I did finnish it five days after I brought it.
Yjaxygames
The Harry Potter books are great. I like the way J.K Rowling writes. I'm going to read the 6th book soon. Does anyone know how the 7th book will be called?
papamurphy
I don't think anyone can really match my love for Harry Potter. I have poster all over my room, I have read the books an average of at least five times each (And listened to them numerous times). I own multiple copies of each book, for instance I own the first, second, and fifth in not only hardcover and paper back, but also hard cover imported from England. I love the movies (Even though they aren't like the books of course). I even saw the fourth one five times. Call me crazy, call me obsessed, I don't care. If you like Harry Potter you should also try Artemis Fowl, Eragon, and The Bartimaeus trilogy. *Cheers*
TheDarkLord
Quote:
I don't think anyone can really match my love for Harry Potter.

You think no one matches you're love for the boy who lived ...? I do!
Anyway, Yup! Harry Potter rox!!!! ROX!!!!!
I LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Very Happy
OMG HBP WAS SO SAD!!!!
Anyway ...

**SPOILER WARNING**
SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE! [i always wanted to blurt that out to the public!]
// **SPOILER**
Takayukiko
I really like books, but i miss some extra scenes cut in the movie.
for books...i just love them. i can't tell you how much i love them.
as soon as i get the latest book, (and next time would be the last ;( ),
i forget about everything...well i do eat but i skip homeworks and other stuff, that can wait, and read it....

i think i've read the 6 for about 5 times..
miteshphalak
Cause Special Effects are Mind Boggling in Movie and the way Warner bro is utilising Same Special Effect resources in movie with Finicky,saving Human resource and money in Millions and Earning Exponentially,Isnt it a Miracle?..And i believe in Miracles!!!
papamurphy
Yeah, I am going back throgh 4-6 and finding clues that will lead to book number 7. I know that when it comes out, I won' sleep until I finish the book. I am just too hardcore haha.
dorebase2006
Harry Potter is very interesting for me ! Do you know what's the title of the Harry Potter 7 ? It must be very (if don't want to say extremly) interesting ! Oh ! Very Happy Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing
leftofcenter
We probably won't find out the title of HP7 for a good long while. (Late summer, maybe JKR will probably put it behind the "Secret Door" on her site. She tends to do that with any major book news. (She did it with the fact that she finished HBP Razz ) She does already have it picked though (at least for now) because she almost told it to the person interviewing her for the Tatler!
SonOf27
I have been reading Harry when I suspected my youngest son was not actually reading the book. I did this so I could ask him questions about what he had read, this way I could make sure he not only read the book but understood it as well.

I have been hooked on it ever since, having read all six books, seen all 4 movies (owning the 3 dvd's that have been released so far) and own the 4 games on playstation.

I prefer the books to the movies but enjoy them as different media. I believe if you don't expect the movies to be the same as the books then you will enjoy the movies a little better.
MasterMind
I like all the books and movies, but I hate it, kind of - they're speeding things up, due to the length of the story - it doesn't get completed.

Here they are by rank, Best to Worst:

Movies:

4th
1st
3rd
2nd

Books:

6th
5th
4th
1st
2nd
3rd

That's according to me. Have your own thoughts.
Shewolf
Yes, I like the Harry Potter - books, but not the movies. Only the last one is worth seeing... Or at least in my opinion...
I actually didn't think it was any point reading the books, since there was nothing "new". A guy did suddenly have magical powers, what's so special of that? But then I got the first book as a present, and had to read it of course. No regretion from my side
Very Happy
TheDarkLord
u guys... like harry potter? go to www.MuggleNet.com or www.SiriusBlack's.co.uk.
roopix
i read this article by this guy from stanford who wrote how if the terroists really wanted to piss us of, they should just kidnap jk rowling before she finishes the last book. ouch. that hurts.
SystemWisdom
rainbow wrote:
4th movie was great! Only thing i didnt like was the guy they got to replace Dumbledore - its just not the same, he seemed to forceful and angry, whereas the old Dumbledore was this jovial old man who was more then happy to eat lemon candies.

And, heard they're going to have a different director for each of the 7 movies, though im not to sure how accurite this is. I've been keeping an eye on jkrowling.com , but havent seen anything about this lately or in the archives.

I hate the new Dumbledore. I loved the original Dumbledore because he seemed very wise and gentle, yet powerful, but the new Dumbledore just ruins that demeanor by seeming harsh and arrogant. And that stupid hat he wears in the movies is awful.. :/

Even the directing of the 4th film was horrible, by making some of the characters seemed far too dim-witted (like Hagrid poking his fork in someone's hand for no reason, or the way filch runs).

Over all the books are far better than the movies, but I must say that the 4th movie was quite disappointing in terms of following closely to the story-line, I just feel they left too much out. I hope the next movie comes closer to the style of the first three. And book 6 was the best of them all, and they better not ruin that one in theatres! Grrr..
input
I'd love to see Jk Rolling try to write a non potter book, that said, id love for her to write more hp books after number seven. Hes a fascinating character and one with whom there is so much more to ecplore
Nikkori
input wrote:
I'd love to see Jk Rolling try to write a non potter book, that said, id love for her to write more hp books after number seven. Hes a fascinating character and one with whom there is so much more to ecplore

Yeah, I like it too but there is a question,
"Will you write more Harry Potter books after the seventh?"

Joanne kathleen Rowling answered:

"If you mean more novels, then I think it highly unlikely. I've got enough story for seven books and I never planned to carry the story beyond the end of book seven. I might do an eight book for charity, a kind of encyclopeadia of the world so that I could use all the extra material that's not in the books... we'll see!"

Well, I'm sad the next seventh book will be the last--at least I will know who among the two will win! Nice reading!
Newman
I love the Harry Potter books, but it is something (I do not know what) about the movies I do not like.

It is something special about the books; the feeling of satisfaction, emptiness and longing for the next book I feel when I have finished a Harry Potter book. It is something special...

I wonder what the feeling will be when the last book has been read?

????? see you later Muggles ;P
elincinerador
they are great... i can't read them in more than 3 days, it's impossible.. my fauvorite was the 5th, and then they go in order from the 6th to the 1st... but... how long will the 7th be? and why does rowling won't write an 8th? will harry die? i think he will shortly after voldemort does...
babaoriley821
Yeah, really great book series.

I think 6th is my favorite, then 3rd and 5th. I dunno, I liked the 4th movie quite a bit but it fealt a bit rushed at the begining, It's like they wanted to spend all there time on the tournament and decided to cut some plot points just to do it. Still probably the best movie so far.
KayosGraphix
The Books are ok, a lot better than the films, though some parts of the books - especially the 6th book are very poorly writen. But other than that, they are quite entertaining.
thpn
GOF was good and all but I hated it, in fact I hate all the movies but the first. Why? Because the directors cut way too much out from the books. In just GOF they cut around 80 pages of info. They don't put enough detail and if a new HP fan were to go see the movie he would be lost. Also, they change it too much. Like the Dark Mark was to be shot over a forest clearing, it was just an opening in the movie. And, if I remember correctly, Harry never got knocked out...he never saw Barty Crouch Jr...and they gave off to much that it was 'Moody'.

Well, those are my thoughts. What are yours?
Nikkori
thpn wrote:
GOF was good and all but I hated it, in fact I hate all the movies but the first. Why? Because the directors cut way too much out from the books. In just GOF they cut around 80 pages of info. They don't put enough detail and if a new HP fan were to go see the movie he would be lost. Also, they change it too much. Like the Dark Mark was to be shot over a forest clearing, it was just an opening in the movie. And, if I remember correctly, Harry never got knocked out...he never saw Barty Crouch Jr...and they gave off to much that it was 'Moody'.

Well, those are my thoughts. What are yours?

Yeah, if you're not reading Harry Potter book(s) and decided to watch directly the GoF film, you'd be lost. Films SS and CoS are quiet good for they're not far from what are written on the books. PoA, however, was also far from the books' story--but Director Alfonso Cuaron did emphasized how the time-turner would went. But, the other two quidditch matches were not showed. I looked forward Cho and Harry in their Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw match in PoA.

If they'd say they lack time, or they couldn't fit the whole book in the film, they should at least made it a little more closer to the book's story.

As far as I could remember in GoF film, I didn't fully notice Sirius Black (even if he was snuffles), Professor Trelawney, Bill, Charlie, Dobby, Winky, Letsranges, and the Sphynx..

I was looking forward before I watched GoF the scene were Bill and Charlie were dueling using tables... Draco and Harry dueling using Densaugio and Furnunculus respectively... and other book-scenes...

For me, Chris Columbus is the best director.... I hope they will do it more poius in OotP next...
zanzou
I like a total of two books in the whole series. 3 & 4. I think 5&6 are total trash... I refuse to acknoledge them as canon. In my mind, JKR has OBVIOUSLY been kidnapped and locked away somewhere and some deranged fan is currently writing the rest of the books.

:/ OotP made me really angry with the series... HBP just made me give up on it ever being good. I'll read to the end, but only because I've made it this far. -_-

...I keep hoping that Harry will turn evil at the end and take over the Wizarding world. How cool would *that* be? (Seriously, if that happened, I would never say another bad thing about the series. XD But it won't, so.. yeah. Stupid books. :/)
starcatcher5555
[size=24][/

I think that Snape will die saving Harry and be the hero. Whippie.

[size]
rksagar433
i think second was the best of the lot then fourth first was also good
drkarthi
wow Hp is my favourite book. I like all the books and i have read them all morew than 5 times and i like 3rd film to other films though 4th film is the funniest of them all.
Shewolf
The world of Harry Potter is nothing but great! I can suddenly laugh of joy, just because I'm reading one of those books. I love them, the humor, the chatacters and all.
I hope the next book is as great as it should be. and that the ending is good... And I do not hpe that any more of my beloved characters get themself killed. (Stll mourning...) Crying or Very sad But of course J.K Rowling has to kill some more of them, (hoping I'm wrong) and I hate to start guessing who's going to be the next murdered by the green light....
dynamics
I love Harry Potter! However, I prefer to read the books compared to watching the movies bacause the latter left a lot of details out of the books.

Can't wait for the 7th book Wink
Artemis11
For a while I was obsessed over Harry Potter. I still enjoy it a lot, but not as much as I used to. The 2 years after The Goblet of Fire came out, I read, and reread those first 4 books over and over every night. I would finish the four ever 10-15 days (I'm a fast reader, I would only read 60-90 minutes most nights.) I forgot the exact numbers, but I read each of the first four over 50 times each. Shocked I havn't read them that much in a while, but ever 4-5 weeks I still like to reread one of them one night. Wink

(And, to people complaining about the 'old' dumbledore [Richard Harris] in the movies leaving, he died, so they couldn't help it.)

Cheers - Artemis
saratdear
Harry Potter is really great. What do you think is going to be the title of the seventh book? For all those who read the sixth, do you think Harry is a horcrux? And Dumbledore is not dead? And Sirius's brother Regulus Alfred Black is R.A.B? Anyway I love Harry Potter!
Nikkori
Harry Potter and the Battle of the Fittest--lolz.
Anyway, when will be the Order of the Phoenix be screened. Is it on Summer or on Halloween?
angelussum
I read most of them, except for the recent ones. Generally, very good. The movies are also quite good imho, cause it's awesome to see all the things you read about visualized on the big screen. However, I must say that the recent books have been turning me off, both in lenght and the plots themselves. Oh well. Hopefully the last one is good.
danonedark
It's a great book series, I'cant wait for book 7 to come out, and i have to recognize that i am a real fan, but it's not the best book ever to me, i guess that would be "aztec" from Gary Jennings and I strongly recommend you to read it.
zonymousbond007
I love the Harry Potter books. They aren't particularly well written, but they have a good pace, and they're generally good.

The films, on the other hand, aren't great at all Evil or Very Mad
Motoracer380
i like the movies but i never read the books they are too much.. they are so long
imera
I love the books, really nice written and the idea is good. My favourite book… I am not sure, I like the fifth. But when I think about it the book is not that great, book six is worst I think. It looks like the book has taken a shortcut trough the story. I know that this may sound stupid or something, I did not feel sad when Dumbledore died. I was more sad when Cedric died, in the books that was. Cedric was to stupid in the movie, the way he acted.

The movies is not that great, the best of them was the 4th. The worst in that movie was Dumbledore, he seemed so angry or something like that. The third movie went to fast and the two first was nice. When I watch the movies I want them to be understandable, the first two came high on my list, the third one was worst. The fourth move had the technology that I liked.

But Harry Potter is not my favourite books, I like the books to be a bit bloodier or to have more action, Darren Shan is my favourite.
Weslyn
roopix wrote:
i read this article by this guy from stanford who wrote how if the terroists really wanted to piss us of, they should just kidnap jk rowling before she finishes the last book. ouch. that hurts.

LOL! That's great! Really funny, and probably very true for a surprising number of people. I went to the Bewitching Hour (some of the local bookstores held a party at midnight when the Potter books are released), for the 6th book and there were people, lots of them, all dressed up. It was fabulous!

I'll add my two sickles in about the 'new' Dumbledore too. I don't like the way the new actor portrays him, true, one certainly can't do much when an actor dies, but well...

Anyway, I heard a rumor that the 7th book will have to do with a character Rowlings has only ever mentioned once in the entire series. Also, the title of the 7th's end in the word "lie" or "liar" something like that... my memory's a bit foggy.
sinusweb
i hate harry potter...it must be more realistic for me... when i saw the film in the cinema i slept! ...its always the same...harry is the best ..and can rescue eyeryone
gaus4all
The first Book was really great.
All following ...hmm.... I think it's always a little bit the same.
Grego.Sanders
Those are my favourite books SmileSmile Even made a website (1st in Serbia SmileSmile)

I think that the 1st books is a little bit... well, childish... the rest are different that the 1stone./...
Becky
Harry Potter rocks, I love the books and films.
My fave film is Prisoner of Azkaban
and
My face book is order of the phoenix

Also, i ship Ron and Hermione Smile

And, am i the only person who likes the new dumbledore?? Richard Harris (R.I.P) was greate in the first 2 films, because they were more of a children books than the ones after were. The new replacement Micheal Gambon i think is great, as he is lively, loud and can do the more big things that dumbledore needs to do later in the series.

Sorry if i went on a bit there...lol Very Happy

oh yeh..does anyone here listen to mugglecast? its a harry potter podcast (www.mugglecast.com).
evanc88
Becky wrote:
Harry Potter rocks, I love the books and films.
My fave film is Prisoner of Azkaban
and
My face book is order of the phoenix

Also, i ship Ron and Hermione Smile

And, am i the only person who likes the new dumbledore?? Richard Harris (R.I.P) was greate in the first 2 films, because they were more of a children books than the ones after were. The new replacement Micheal Gambon i think is great, as he is lively, loud and can do the more big things that dumbledore needs to do later in the series.

Sorry if i went on a bit there...lol Very Happy

oh yeh..does anyone here listen to mugglecast? its a harry potter podcast (www.mugglecast.com).

I like the new Dumbledore OK. He's too... violent. Like in the Goblet of Fire film when he basically assaults Harry with "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THAT CUP" or whatever. Chill, dude, and learn to play the part of Dumbledore right. It was most likely the director, but c'mon. Dumbledore wasn't that violent/freaky.
Becky
evanc88 wrote:

I like the new Dumbledore OK. He's too... violent. Like in the Goblet of Fire film when he basically assaults Harry with "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THAT CUP" or whatever. Chill, dude, and learn to play the part of Dumbledore right. It was most likely the director, but c'mon. Dumbledore wasn't that violent/freaky.

yeh i agree with you about that, i blame the director for making him do that, they should learn how to portray the real dumbldore better...by knowing that the dumbledore in the books wouldnt do this. But, in other scenes i think he was fanstatic, like when hes speaking to the whole school at the beginning of the year about the tri wizard tournament, he's acting like a perfect dumblefore then (well...i think so anyway)
Weslyn
Becky wrote:

What? Where? *looks around animatedly before scampering off*
efsane
harry potter series my love books i have read 1-2-3-4-5-6 and re-read Smile Because i don't bored anytime. impatiently I waiting 7. book .

Movies are super too. And impatiently I waiting 5. movie

Please J.K.Rowling write quick...
Nikkori
efsane wrote:
harry potter series my love books i have read 1-2-3-4-5-6 and re-read Smile Because i don't bored anytime. impatiently I waiting 7. book .

Movies are super too. And impatiently I waiting 5. movie

Please J.K.Rowling write quick...

Yeah, it will really improve your english by reading them (especially your grammar:P ) . Just read and don't forget to prepare your dictionary... Laughing
Becky
Weslyn wrote:
Becky wrote:

What? Where? *looks around animatedly before scampering off*

Laughing Lol, its an awesome podcast. Where they discuss things relating to Harry Potter. I.e. The films, book theories, and other things such as whats happening in the HP fandom (like big events such as Lumos, which is a HP event currently taking place in vegas) Very Happy
irsmart
It's my favorite!
Becky
irsmart wrote:
It's my favorite!

you have a great taste in books! Cool
charseips
I know I risk being lynched but really I am not enthralled by Harry Potter. I've read the first book (it took me an afternoon) and frankly I thought it was a poor story and basically written. I think it is a great kids book, there are plenty worse, but it just wasn't a challenging read. I did not feel that I had to think about anything I didn't feel engaged with the characters or emote at their situations.

I don't think that the books are bad just that they are not anymore than good, Treasure Island is a classic children's book and a fantastic read even in adulthood. Harry Potter left me wanting a read. I do enjoy fantasy stories such as those of HP but the book failed to engage me.
Becky
charseips wrote:
I know I risk being lynched but really I am not enthralled by Harry Potter. I've read the first book (it took me an afternoon) and frankly I thought it was a poor story and basically written. I think it is a great kids book, there are plenty worse, but it just wasn't a challenging read. I did not feel that I had to think about anything I didn't feel engaged with the characters or emote at their situations.

I don't think that the books are bad just that they are not anymore than good, Treasure Island is a classic children's book and a fantastic read even in adulthood. Harry Potter left me wanting a read. I do enjoy fantasy stories such as those of HP but the book failed to engage me.

the 1st book in my opinion is the worst one.
Before you make a general decision on the whole series i would suggest that you read the 6th, 5th or 4th book, it doesnt matter that you havent read the other books. I read the 5th book 1st and then went backwards. And now i'm a massive harry potter fan Cool
The books are fantastically written, and they definately get better as the series goes along.
elund0197
saratdear wrote:
For all those who read the sixth, do you think Harry is a horcrux? And Dumbledore is not dead? And Sirius's brother Regulus Alfred Black is R.A.B? Anyway I love Harry Potter!

Harry can't be a horcrux because it has to be an object but I do think part of Voldormort is in harry but part of harry is in him as well. As for R.A.B could be.
Weslyn
Okay, I know I said I'd post this a long time ago, but here it finally is.
(Not that you remember what I'm talking about)

If you recall, I'm writing a fan version of the 6th book. (I didn't read the actual 6th book when I started writing it... since then I've taken little glances at it... I sort of want to finish what I started first). Further explained...

If you'd like to take a look at it, you can find the link in my signature.
Becky
Just gonna comment on a couple of things you said..

saratdear wrote:

Harry can't be a horcrux because it has to be an object

Actually, no where in the books does it say this. Even though i personally dont believe that harry is a horcrux, because that would totally go againt the prophecy saying that either voldemort or harry has to die, because harry would have to kill himself to kill voldemort if he was a horcrux, and if harry was a horcrux voldemort wouldnt be wanting to kill him. Nagini (voldemorts snake) on the othe hand could be a horcrux, and he is a living thing, this is a very popular theory in the HP fandom currently;

saratdear wrote:
but I do think part of Voldormort is in harry but part of harry is in him as well.

We know that apart of voldemort has been transfered into harry, through the scar, and this has allowed him to speak parsletongue among other things. And a part of harry in voldemort? Thats a very interesting theory, would you like to elaborate more? Very Happy
devilinheaven
I love Harry Potter!!! whether u talk about the books or the movies or anything else!!! well especially i like those books of JK Rowling i m waiting for the book 7!!! but u know guyzz it feels sooo bad that book seven will be the last one!!! and u know what JK Rowling is going to kill harry in the end!!! Well dats da way i feel by reading her reviews and visiting her website (which is totally based on Flash which makes it a bit annoying but still i love it Wink )

I started reading from book 4 actually after watching the movies i thought why not read the novel!!! sooo i bought book 4 and then book 5 then book 6 and now i m waiting for book seven!!! but u know i liked all of the movies with exceptionally good graphics and their own script rather than copying all the book lines....but u know what after ending book seven i went for book 1 2 3 and i was diappointed after reading book 1 and 2 because there was nothing new in it!!! except for book3 which was coool because there sooooooooo much more!!!

hehehhehe i think i have written tooo much but when it comes to Harry Potter ican talk non-stop for hours!!!
devilinheaven
I love Harry Potter!!! whether u talk about the books or the movies or anything else!!! well especially i like those books of JK Rowling i m waiting for the book 7!!! but u know guyzz it feels sooo bad that book seven will be the last one!!! and u know what JK Rowling is going to kill harry in the end!!! Well dats da way i feel by reading her reviews and visiting her website (which is totally based on Flash which makes it a bit annoying but still i love it )

I started reading from book 4 actually after watching the movies i thought why not read the novel!!! sooo i bought book 4 and then book 5 then book 6 and now i m waiting for book seven!!! but u know i liked all of the movies with exceptionally good graphics and their own script rather than copying all the book lines....but u know what after ending book seven i went for book 1 2 3 and i was diappointed after reading book 1 and 2 because there was nothing new in it!!! except for book3 which was coool because there sooooooooo much more!!!

hehehhehe i think i have written tooo much but when it comes to Harry Potter ican talk non-stop for hours!!!
Becky
devilinheaven wrote:
I love Harry Potter!!! whether u talk about the books or the movies or anything else!!! well especially i like those books of JK Rowling i m waiting for the book 7!!! but u know guyzz it feels sooo bad that book seven will be the last one!!! and u know what JK Rowling is going to kill harry in the end!!! Well dats da way i feel by reading her reviews and visiting her website (which is totally based on Flash which makes it a bit annoying but still i love it )

woo its great to meet a fellow HP obsessor!! lol Very Happy

But i disagree..i dont think Harry is gonna die at the end, well i hope he doesnt die in the end. I really want stinky old voldyfart to die Laughing

And i'm just like you..i can talk about HP non stop for hours Wink it drives people mad lol.
tony
i liked the hp books alright. only problem i had was that they were too much for children. sometimes, you can tell.
DaniDarko
im a hardcore harry potter fan. my favourite books:

and the movies:

oui JKR wont reveal the title until super close to the release. andshes definitelynot writing another HP book as in harry, ginny, ron, hermione, etc. the closest thing she'll be writing is an encyclopaedia for charity, ive heard.

but im excited; mugglenet got the officialmovie release of book 6 and its sometime in november 2008

its a long way, but worth it, i hope.

what do you lot think of m night shamalayn directing the next two HP films?
jipmerite
Even though I enjoyed reading the HP books I am not such a hardcore fan to be following it so much at the moment. Once the next book comes out I would surely read it.

Therefore I had not heard that M Night is going to be directing the next two movies. So far the movies have really been dissappointing for me. But I guess we cannot expect them to have the same depth as the books.

But if M Night is really going to be at the helm of the next movies, I would expect some intruiging stuff. He is a great director of suspense.
Becky
tony wrote:
i liked the hp books alright. only problem i had was that they were too much for children. sometimes, you can tell.

i hate it when people say that Rolling Eyes
Weslyn
DaniDarko wrote:
What do you lot think of m night shamalayn directing the next two HP films?

Wait! Hang on, is M. Night Shamalayn actually directing the next two movies or is that just a broad question? Cause that would be effing sweet if he was. The movies would be darker than sin, but awesome.

(Raises hand weakly), Yeah, I can talk for hours about HP too.
Becky
DaniDarko wrote:
What do you lot think of m night shamalayn directing the next two HP films?

The director of Order of the Phoenix is David Yates
and they have not yet decided the director for the 2 movies after that.

Personally i wouldnt want m night shamalayn being the director for Harry Potter...i dont think his style is right. Well thats my opinion.
Weslyn
Becky wrote:
Personally i wouldnt want m night shamalayn being the director for Harry Potter...i dont think his style is right. Well thats my opinion.

Hm... I can see what you're saying, but then again, the movies he was directing were his own, if he were to tackle something like Harry Potter, he might handle it differently. I like the cinematography, (I'm prolly spelling that wrong, meh, too tired to care), of his films. Besides, I don't think he could do much worse than an angry/moody Dumbledore.

Of course that could be debated...
Becky
Weslyn wrote:
Becky wrote:

Hm... I can see what you're saying, but then again, the movies he was directing were his own, if he were to tackle something like Harry Potter, he might handle it differently. I like the cinematography, (I'm prolly spelling that wrong, meh, too tired to care), of his films. Besides, I don't think he could do much worse than an angry/moody Dumbledore.

Of course that could be debated...

He did films like Lady in Water and Sixth Sense didnt he? Those films are nothing like the HP series. So, thats why i dont think his style would be right for the HP films. Although the HP films are getting darker, i dont think his style would be the right approch for one of the HP films.
I do like the films he has done though Smile
devilinheaven
well u know i agree wid becky on da current subject!!! Laughing

but u know even if u offer Harry's Film to M N Shamlan, he wont do it on any cost!!! Shyamlan writes his own stuff then converts it into movies beautifully!!! It would be a shame to offer someone else's work for him to direct!!!

by da way isnt this form about Harry Potter...and u all guyzz are talking about Shyamlan!!! who started this???? Twisted Evil I M GOING TO WARN THE FRIHOST ADMINITRATOR then whoever started this would be kicked out !!!! heehhahahahahahahhaha

lolzz....

I hope u guyz dont take jokes seriously!!! Laughing
jipmerite
I think is it is in the nature of all onversations to drift from topic to topic. I'm sure you would have experienced it too. Sometimes my friends start talking about the weather and by the end of an hour we have talked about the economy, religion, world conflicts, science, nature and a whole lot of other things. Sometimes we try to remember how the conversation drifted from topic to topic afterwards. It's a fun excersise. hehe.

But strictly speaking we're still talking about HP here. We're just hyped about MNS directing the "HP" movie. Apparantly it isn't true eh? Too bad.
devilinheaven
jipmerite wrote:
I think is it is in the nature of all onversations to drift from topic to topic. I'm sure you would have experienced it too. Sometimes my friends start talking about the weather and by the end of an hour we have talked about the economy, religion, world conflicts, science, nature and a whole lot of other things. Sometimes we try to remember how the conversation drifted from topic to topic afterwards. It's a fun excersise. hehe.

But strictly speaking we're still talking about HP here. We're just hyped about MNS directing the "HP" movie. Apparantly it isn't true eh? Too bad.

hhhmm...it is quite good to talk about other things but u know i was kidding!!! Because if i started talking about MNS then all of you will be sorry!!! hehehehe...lol
cubbykaroo
i dont know how anyone can like harry potter hes just some little wizard nerd who has no friends
jipmerite
I can also say LOTR was about a bunch of small people trying to climb a mountain that was too big for them. But hey, you can't say you read novels til you've read it Smile
arya7D7
i just can't wait to see how they are going to butcher the fifth movie, because the fourth movie was butchered enough...there wasn't even a single Dursley! they cut out the best parts too which were when harry got the letter covered in stamps and Dudley ate the Ton Tounge Toffees
devilinheaven
cubbykaroo wrote:
i dont know how anyone can like harry potter hes just some little wizard nerd who has no friends

well....there is a little piece of advice for u MR.cubbykaroo !!!!
DON"T YOU EVEN DARE TO INSULT HARRY POTTER IN FRONT OF US!!!
otherwise......

well man (or if u r a gurl) just chill.....if u dont have anything good to say about HArry then plz man don't say anything else!!!
devilinheaven
arya7D7 wrote:
i just can't wait to see how they are going to butcher the fifth movie, because the fourth movie was butchered enough...there wasn't even a single Dursley! they cut out the best parts too which were when harry got the letter covered in stamps and Dudley ate the Ton Tounge Toffees

yea man u r absolutely right!!! but then if they make each n everything then the movie would be too long!!! and they can't afford it!!! but u know i hope they make a sort of series of Harry Potter(TV SERIES) with each and every detail!!!
Weslyn
Quote:
but u know i hope they make a sort of series of Harry Potter(TV SERIES) with each and every detail!!!

I've had the same thought. (laughs) I would like to see an animated Harry Potter thing -if they could do it right, you know, stick to the books, but it's pretty unrealistic. If you think about it, the writers/producers would either have to add stuff or take out stuff to make a 30 minute episode. That and with such a huge fanbase as Harry Potter has, it'll be impossible to please everyone. Look around, we each have out favourite books of the series, some don't even like what J. K. Rowling is doing with her own series!

I hate to put down your thoughts, but just remember - making a movie is tonnes harder than it looks. I can't imagine what a TV series would be like. Tho' (just for the fun of it), I'd like it to be anime. Anime tend to be more fluid and colourful compared to Disney. Take a look at Miyazaki-san if you're not familiar with anime. (It's a music video tribute to Miyazaki).

Sorry, got off topic. ^_^
devilinheaven
First of all sorry for butchering your post!!! Laughing Laughing but there were soo many things i wanted to answer!! ^_^

Quote:
If you think about it, the writers/producers would either have to add stuff or take out stuff to make a 30 minute episode.

Why would writers or producers take stuff out??? or put some extra in?? The main concept is about making Harry Potter as it is!!! We don't need to change the script.....the movie makers have already done that sin!!! And it would be quite easy to make the whole series cut into 30 minutes episodes!!! Well you know it can be more than 30 minutes!! Wink

Quote:
some don't even like what J. K. Rowling is doing with her own series!

Would you please be kind to elaborate this line!!! I mean..are you talking about Dumbledore's death or Harry's (would be) death???

Quote:
I hate to put down your thoughts!!

Don't man!!! you know it's good to hear your opinion!! Every person has a right to express his/her views!!! Razz Razz Cool

Quote:
if you're not familiar with anime.

HOW DARE YOU!!!!......(laughs) just kidding!! hope you don't mind a little humour!! Laughing

Quote:
Sorry, got off topic. ^_^

Don't be sorry man!!! Its the speciality of this form that people get off the topic soo easily!!! Just a few days ago evryone was discussing M.Night Shyamlan!!!

hey, a just new idea came to my mind!!! How cool it would be if someone does make the series (Anime or original) and the story of the series be totally different from the books!! i mean after the seventh book (which will come out next year Crying or Very sad ) we won't have any more Harry Potter Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad soo this series will help us alot!!! Just like the author of the website www.DumbledoreIsNotDead.com is helping us to cope with the grief of Dumbledore's death (God bless them!!!)
jipmerite
I seriously doubt Rowling will allow a TV Cartoon series to be made. Most such series end up being rather lame. I think she, and a lot of her fans, would like the franchise to end with the last book rather than trying to squeeze more money out of it by risking spoiling the grandeur of the books.

Although a lot of people feel that the movies 'butchered' the books, a lot of other people believe that they movies wee quite good. It's a matter of opinion.

Personally I just feel a Tv cartoon series will not be made.
Becky
Personally...i dont think a tv series, or cartoon would ever be made.
Because the series would have to be very very long for one book, if they were to contain every detail from the book. That would cost lots of money, so a british company would never start to make it. And if a american company make it...i still dont think it will be at all succesful.

I dont mind the films missing out bits from the books. And it annoys the hell out of me when people go ''THEY MISSED OUT DOBBY, HOW DARE THEY? THE FILM IS GOING TO BE CRAP NOW''. Because the makers of the film always look at the story, and decides what could be dropped without ruining the overall story. I love the films, and the 3rd film (prisoner of azkaban) is my absolute fave!! And suprisingly most people hate it Wink
If they were going to contain every detail from the books into the films...they would be over a day long Rolling Eyes imagine how many years we would have to wait for each film to be released then? We already wait a year in between each film.
Ratman2050
Harry Potter is ok. Personally the books are very intriguing and proffesional. But the movies are eccentricly awesome.
Weslyn
I can't resist posting this. I found it some time ago on DeviantArt. Someone actually cell animated a HP AMV. Here's the webpage with the link. (The link for the amv is in the artist's comments). I think the art is beautiful, even if the animation is a little choppy. Enjoy!

Oh, and what I meant by some not liking what J. K. Rowling is doing with her own series, is that I hear complaints about how Hermione's with Ron, or how she turned Tonks into a Mary Sue in the sixth, and others hated the way she portrayed Harry as a whinny teenager in the 5th. The books take a lot of criticism from the fans. (shrug) Just the way it is tho'. Everyone's got an opinion.
victoryutong
I do think Harry's death can prevent others to write unofficial story later on.
jipmerite
I have had the same idea as well. They would probably write it so that the stories are from the time he was in the first few years at hogwarts. If Rowling is going to kill him off I think she would probably make sure it is in a way that ensures no one can make a story of him surviving by some mysterious way.
Becky
I dont think Harry is going to die.
because even if he does die thats not going to stop people writing unofficial stories, as people will write about the marauder years and stuff like that.
I have a feeling that Ron is going to die, even though i dont really want him to! As he has to get together with hermione Cool lol.
Ka7raK
spider89 wrote:
I write all books

I'm sure your name is Joanna and your last name is Rowling. Or, perhaps, you've written the wrong word. Sorry!

Anyway, i think Harry Potter books are brilliant. JKR writes in a compulsive way almost like Dan Brown. However, becoming rich has made her lose of the touch. In the beggining she said she only wanted UK-Born actors for the roles and just check the credits.

The thing i love even more than the books is Emma Watson, the overpowered-Hermione.
reddishblue
Harry Potter is WAY over rated compared to others and Danial Radcliff is a pathetic actor.
I don't know what makes people like those books so much Rolling Eyes
Lusiphur
Going to link to the other HO thread that I list what I thnk happens in it.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-37228.html

Tbh, I'm not at all surprised to see a lot of HP Fans here Smile
Sickness
I liked a bit the Harry Potter books, but the films are very very bad...
Lusiphur
The films only bad points are the fact they skip some parts that I don't think they they shoud have.

For example it never explains why his patronis is a stag, who the ppl that made themaruaders map were and why they were significant.

Things like that just irritate me.
reddishblue
I am going to bump this because new harry potter topics are coming and this is the longest and should be stickyed
kany
Well i personally think as well that the films were really badly directed . The Fist two parts were nice to watch but the 3rd and 4th just were not up to the standards and they changed the story too much for the movie and the characters didn't match nicely specially i din't like how they depicted sirius black. By the way lets hope they provide some nice movies for the next parts of harry potter .
mayank_abhishek
Personally What I Think About Harry Potter

As a matter of fact I am a great great great great great great great great Harry Potter fan. I have been spellbound by the books the day I read the first one. Actually, I read Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban first then the rest of the series in the reading order. I had taken up Prisoner of Azkaban due to its thickness for my summer vacation and took around 30 days to complete it!! Then none of the others books took longer than 5 days to be completed! I am waiting as eagerly as any other potter fan for the next Book and Movie. The series are not just a time pass for me they have pulled me through many difficult situations. When my favourite fictional character can go through such pains and struggle without any ado then why cant I?
ekonomska
Harry Potter is a product of culture, content, filling the soul killing quest for beauty and holiness, and the activation of selfishness and the desire to be "like God." Please refer to the toy stores: there is full of toys (for) witches and wizards. Please refer to bookstores: shelves filled with books on all kinds of magic. Please take a look around on the internet ... Listening to music, lyrics that young consume without interruption, it is easy to say all of the power of culture addressed it to block access to a new generation for God to eliminate God from his consciousness. We live in a time of revolution, a pagan, a Christian, a believer and practitioner, they do not give a strong enough resistance.
Ashton-Fordyce
Harry Potter was ****** great

Incredible books

Cool movies

Very Happy
codegeek
Reading Harry Potter was an amazing experience. I have read all the books and watched all the movies. What I have found is that people who watch only the movies, and do not read the books are missing out on a lot of the details. It's the details of the world that are truly astounding in terms of imagination and creativity.

My favourite book was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because when I reached about the middle of the book, I thought that there was no way J.K. Rowling could bring all those intricate details to a logical conclusion, without missing a few of them. However, I was very, very wrong! The ending was absolutely superb with everything coming together beautifully. I think it was a splendid piece of art. I loved the other books as well but book no. 3 remains my favourite.
Ankhanu
I just read all the books, starting in about October, I wrapped up two nights ago.
All in all, I rather enjoyed the experience. While many characters were pretty one-dimensional, the general sense of imagination, adversity, and the depth that a few characters brought forth were fantastic. I'm a long time fantasy/sci-fi fan, so many of the tropes were pretty old hat, but that's not really a detraction in and of itself; the way the books, the story, were assembled was very strong.

Throughout, I always liked Snape's character, and by the end, I finally understood why. I mean, yeah, he was a solid adversary throughout, but there was always the sense that there was something more at play. He was well realized throughout the series.

I loved that Harry, the shining protagonist, was deeply flawed, insecure, and an occasional bully. Sometimes his insecurities were overblown, taking too much of the spotlight, but, overall, it was nice to see.

Draco was also pretty solid, despite largely being used as a basic antagonist. By the time of Azkaban, we begin seeing glimpses of greater character behind his apparent one-dimensionality. I was so glad he was given some personal depth in the latter end of the series.

So, yeah, solid series, even if I came to it a decade late Wink
shashwatblack
Harry potter is a great series..
Having read all the books and watched all the movies at least 3 or 4 times each, i can very well call myself a 'potterhead'.
It was the first book i ever read, when i was 12 i was gifted 'harry potter and the sorcerer's stone' on my birthday. Then began an amazing reading experience that totally changed my attitude towards books. I used to think that how can anyone ever enjoy reading books for god's sake? Wouldn't you rather watch the movie? There would be pictures and sounds and special effects for crying out loud. You couldn't possibly get those in a book, can you? As it turned out, it was even better.. Having the characters recite the dialogues in your head, the explosions, the heart thumping excitement as though you really were there in the plot.. It was all better, much better.
I have since then read many books including, the LOTR triology, twilight series, many books by paulo coelho, shidney sheldon, all by chetan bhagat, and many more..
But Harry potter series still is my favorite, and time and again i go back to my shelve and pull out a book and read a few pages if not the whole book..
I like everything about Harry Potter series. My favorite book is the Deathly Hallows. How exciting was the hunt for all the horcruxes, and finally when defeating thr dark lord!! The excitement, like nothing else.
IF i had to choose a favorite part from the whole of the series i would say the final quidditch match at the end of The Prisoner of Azkaban. It literally had me breathing hard, and goosebumps all over.
I think i'm gonna read that part again now.
Lastly, I hate it when people speak bad about Harry Potter, and how it is meant for kids. If you haven't read it already, just read before you judge, and keep your hate comments to yourself.
Blummer
Obtained all 7 books for my kindle, will re-read all of them.
asnani04
Years have passed since Harry Potter's stories breathed their last, but their craze refuses to go down. It has been a phenomenon, a never before experienced reading experience. Most of the successful works before the era of Potter were works of fiction, but were imaginable and conceivable. Fantasies were only read by the enthusiasts and children. Then came J.K. Rowling and changed everything. She created a world of magic, weaved an altogether different world, where she created characters, episodes and injected endless planning into it. She has redefined her genre beyond normal, and she was rewarded soon as she became the richest woman on Earth. I, along with so many others around the globe, love Harry Potter mysteries and still consider them to be an integral part of my childhood. Smile
Pippo90
Amazing series of books. I really liked it, even despising the main character (he was too a "Mary Sue" Very Happy ). But the world of magicians was very cool.
Blummer
Missing it now, need to re-read. Particularly parts 4-6, I've read the 7th one at least more than 5 times. But I want to go back to volumes 4-6 to recall so many elements not present in the film.
pravojednostavno
Harry Potter is fantastic to read in foreign language, as it is easy to read and has great amount of bright descriptions.
Blummer
Any book is a perfect one to read in the original language, but the translations sometimes are also very skillfully done.

It still surprises, how Harry Potter series managed to coincide with the perfect time and appeared right when it had to. I'm pretty sure, there was a whole generation of young people, who got into reading more complicated fiction with these series. Which is really good.
Blummer
So there have been talks of 8th book and the rumours are true, but the story will finally arrive as a play. Some more info here at Pottermore:

https://www.pottermore.com/news/cursed-child-eighth-harry-potter-story
jajarvin
kiriii wrote:
like Harry Potter very much??
How about u all?
this book is very interesting~
good!

I have never read any Harry Potter book.

But now I have got 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'
and I shall read it.
Time will show what will be my opinion of this book after I have
read it.
ratanegra
I loved Harry Potter maybe just as much as you do. I read it when I was a very hormonal teenager and I loved the parts where Harry had his romances with Hermione and Cho. I didn't like quite as much the ending with Ginny.

Nowadays I have been reading a couple of very good Harry Potter fanfictions. One of them is called Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (HPMOR) and the other one is the continuation of Methods of Rationality. It's called Significant digits. I'll post short descriptions for both of them and links for you to find them if you wish to have them.

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality:(link)
Quote:
Unlike the original books by J. K. Rowling, where the orphaned Harry Potter is raised by the Dursley family, the Harry Potter character in HPMOR is raised by an Oxford scientist. Before traveling to the wizarding school Hogwarts, Harry is trained by his parents in science and rational thinking. According to a review in the Hindustan Times, HPMOR is a "thinking person’s story about magic and heroism", and the conflict between good and evil is portrayed as a battle between knowledge and ignorance. The book lasts a single year, covering the same amount of time as one volume of Rowling's seven-part series.

Significant Digits: (link)
Quote:
It's easy to make big plans and ask big questions, but a lot harder to follow them through. Find out what happens to Harry Potter-Evans-Verres, Hermione, Draco, and everyone else once they grow into their roles as leaders, leave the shelter of Hogwarts, and venture out into a wider world of intrigue, politics, and war. Not official.