FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Impossible parse error!

PatTheGreat42
So here I am, writing up a nifty little geek test. It has two pages; geekinput.php, and geekoutput.php. Geekinput appears to work just fine, but when I hit the send button and open up geekoutput, I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/patthegr/public_html/geekoutput.php on line 117

However, the entire text of line 117 (I'm not wrong about this) is as follows:

</html>

I am so confused. It's an unexpected unexpected parse error! I have no idea why or how this is happening. Please help! Thanks!
Marston
You should probably post the code from both pages, that way we can see what's going wrong... (In [ code ] tags, mind you).
DX-Blog
If the parse error gives the last line then that is just about never the cause of the problem, there is just something wrong earlier, in example you forgot a closing bracket or something.

Be sure to keep your code clean, this way you can spot errors like these easily.
BearClaw
if the error is refering to '$' it more than likely has something to do with an erroneous variable. if it said the last line of the file i'd start from the end and work back since usually the debugger is fairly accurate.