FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anybody ever watch old movies just for laughs?

AlexMiller
This is seriously my favorite thing do to on rainy days. Just sit down with a friend and poke fun at movies anywhere from the 50's to the 90's. Like who can forget such classics as At the Earth's Core? Anyone else know any movies that are so horribly bad that they're are good? (movie clips arn't a bad thing)
PureSimpleNatural
I like poking fun at movies by muting it and interjecting my own dialogue. Especially fun if you have more than just yourself improvising. Better done with the older, poor quality movies - then you don't feel guilty tainting a good film. But even then... Twisted Evil
AlexMiller
Inspeaking of this, anybody love Mystery Science Theater 3000? I've had Netflix for a while now, and almost all of my movies have been MST 3000. I wonder how many writers and how long it takes to set up a mocking of a movie like that...
OnlyOneLife
I hate old movies... especially if they are in black and white and I can't think of any classics either.
colilon
If you haven't watched it, watch the old King Kong...

Though than the effects were 'Wow', nowadays its hillarious!
Tasukii
I love watching old movies, good old movies of course like the Hitchcok or the Monty Python's best movies, I watched the old King Kong, that's really cool ^^
Stangg
I just sat through the first Ghostbusters, it made me cringe so much. But still, I can take comfort in the fact it's not me making myself out to be a a complete idiot on-screen _
colilon
Stangg wrote:
I just sat through the first Ghostbusters, it made me cringe so much. But still, I can take comfort in the fact it's not me making myself out to be a a complete idiot on-screen _

Disagree, the Ghostbusters films are really nice.
I rather call them half-new...

And yes, hitchcock's are a great!
rip8fan1
"Plan 9 From Outer Space" is often called "The Worst Movie Ever Made", and after watching it - it would be hard to disagree with that statement!

Others, which aren't all that old, but are terrible:
Waterworld
Battlefield Earth
syxxgage
rip8fan1 wrote:
"Plan 9 From Outer Space" is often called "The Worst Movie Ever Made", and after watching it - it would be hard to disagree with that statement!

Yes, but you knew that going into it. The DVD cover actually advertises it as the "Worst Movie Ever". This is one of my favorite "It's so bad it's good" flicks.
helk
MSC3000 is GOLD!

Had us in stitches and never fails to impress.

"My hands are stuck!"

"That's because the rails are magnetized!"
MalvagioAddict
well, i actually love seeing older movies hence my fascination with anything Audrey Hepburn except charades, that I don't get.

but i remember though it's not a movie the television show batman, i used to watch it a few years back when it was still shown on television, the one where batman and robin hits and whacks the bad guys and some words like "kapow" "bam" or "whoomp" is shown everytime they hit something, i think that is just hilarious.