FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online poker - who wins??

themeterman
I have been playing online poker for about 4 years now and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot win at it! Whenever I have a big win I should cash out, but I don't - I keep playing until I lose it all!! I have cashed out a few times however, and I think that overall I am a break even player.

Does anyone out there personally know any successful players?
James007
I'm sorry but I don't think online poker should be played by anyone Wink
Bondings
James007 wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't think online poker should be played by anyone Wink

Yeah, but with online poker you only lose your money. With offline poker you might lose both your money and friends. Wink
cepher
unless you use a bot Smile
Nyizsa
In online / offline poker or in any kind of games you can only lose. Only one person (or company) wins: who owns the game. Game theory (a part of mathematics) deals with games. The main law is: Examine the odds thoroughly, and start only those things you can only win in. Those people know this, so there are no games out there made for us to win. Your only way to win is establishnig an online poker (or whatever game) site.
Bondings wrote:
Yeah, but with online poker you only lose your money. With offline poker you might lose both your money and friends.

PS: Nice thought, Bondings!
REY619
yup u hardly win!!! Confused
gonzo
the house regularly wins. Additionally there is ZERO regulation of online gambling "establishments". why bother with them?
boringest
you can win the game if you have discipline...fold when the odds are against you
madsencarl
In online multiplayer poker, I usually own the game. I know when to fold, to bet, to raise, to call, to check, to bluff, etc. http://www.fhmpoker.co.uk.
I've played poker with my friends before, and they sucked.
holadola
Of course you can win money on online poker. Since you are not playing the house. The house always wins money, on every pot. But if you have an edge on the people you are playing against that is bigger than the rake taken by the house you have a positive EV.

However, if you like the original poster first wins and then loose everything you either have dicipline problems or maybe you don't have thje right money management and respect the need of a large enough bankroll to handle the swings at your level.

/hd
Download
I don'/t play those online games :p

I hate it so much !
waiteck
The owner of the online poker wins.. No one will open an online poker and lose money, which is relatively stupid.. So the odds of winning is small..
holadola
Why cannot people understand that the profits of the house not is related to your winnings! You don't play against the house! This is not "Video Poker".

Then, of course, someone has to loose for someone else to win.

/hd