FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mac OS tiger running on vmware

Talk2Tom11
I downloaded this file from a torrent that is suppose to allow you to run Mac OS tiger on your PC through vmware. I downloaded the file which is called tiger-x86.tar.bz2. Now i have never opened a .bz2 file before... so i just tried it in winrar. It releases a file called tiger-x86.tar. When i try to open that one it tells me it is corrupt. Does anyone know why? or is anyone else having this same problem? Because i really wanted to try this out and there are guides all over the internet but i can't find one that tells you what unzip program to use for it.

Any Help would be welcome.
a.Bird
I think you should slowly begin to run away from this thread towards a full sprint and never return. But that's just my $0.02
Rocky3478
Well, all I can say is that what you are trying to do is completely illegal, so I'd take the above advice..... And I'll add my $0.02 to his. Wink
Donutey
it's... uhh questionably illegal Rolling Eyes ... depending on whether the copy is a beta... or if he actually owns a copy of x86 Mac OS X (which i doubt, being downloaded from a torrent and all)

and i agree you should run away, you downloaded a copy of mac os that would run on a pc running linux, with vmware running inside of it... (the .tar extension is a linux file compression file)
fayettemat
Donutey wrote:
it's... uhh questionably illegal Rolling Eyes ... depending on whether the copy is a beta... or if he actually owns a copy of x86 Mac OS X (which i doubt, being downloaded from a torrent and all)

and i agree you should run away, you downloaded a copy of mac os that would run on a pc running linux, with vmware running inside of it... (the .tar extension is a linux file compression file)

VMware is illegal i dont know why people are still downloading it what they need to do is become an apple devopler (like my teacher who can download it legally)
Kd527
VMWare isn't illegal if it's legal. But I think what he's doing is illegal. There's ways, though to get Tiger on a PC without the illegal VMWare, but it's still in a legal gray area. So watch out! (My 2.)
ocalhoun
those are linux-type compressions (.tar)
The particular file you downloades is referred to as a "tarball".
There is some windows support for them, but you should be able to easily extract it with any linux distro.
HaHa! Now you windows users finally know what it's like to have to struggle for software compatability...
VMware was originally made for linux, therefore support for windows is sketchy.
"You have to use linux, this software isn't compatable with windows"
Dancing
That felt so good to say!
cheeta
PearPC... that did the trick for me with the MAC OS X installetion DVD... i didnt need that HDD image.... & this is not a legal procidure... even or trying too... Confused Confused