FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A table border problem

engeland
I put a 1pixel border on one of the tables in my webpage. When viewing with IE, the border looks just fine, exactly how i wanted it to be. But when viewing the same thing with Firefox, the border is totally different. It looks more like a grey protuding frame!

is there a way to change this? either by adjusting firefox or the page itself? I'm using dreamweaver by the way... Confused
mathiaus
a link or the code would be useful Wink

Are you using css or just border=1?
Code:
<table style="border: 1px solid #ff0000">
BearClaw
if it looks protruding then you need to define the border's style. refer to this link for a list of different borders available http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/borderstyle.asp
engeland
mathiaus : yeap, its border=1

i read the page you posted bear claw, but what does an inset or outset border look like? Are these the protuding ones?
dkbg
Yes, the default border style on Firefox is outset (a pseudo 3d effect which makes the table appear to be coming out of the page), so you'll want to set it to "solid" if you want simply a solid line with no variation on each of the 4 borders. Check out the w3schools CSS border tutorial for more information.