You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problem with frontpage uploading

Lord Klorel
Hello everyone,

Yesterday i published my website with no problems, but when i uploaded some new data a few hours later, nothing happened.

I received the next message from frontpage:

403 Forbidden
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The error document was a Microsoft Word document. I have erased the data, but i can't upload the changes i made.

If someone can tell me what i must do and otherwise is the only solution to reset the account.
Make sure you aren't using www at the start of the address

Wrong: http://www.[yoursite]
Right: http://[yoursite]

Otherwise, maybe someone else can help you (I don't use FrontPage myself)
Lord Klorel
yesterday i could upload with frontpage, but today i tried to access my server with frontpage and the connection has taken to long and even now is the connection very slow. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I have accessed my directadmin to check for problems and there are no problems. Shocked Shocked

Could it be that the servers of have connection problems?

If that is the problem, i hope that the problem can be solved, because i am loosing my patience in this entire network of problems that are heading to me. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Every time i must send an all-round mail to my members of my forum to tell them that there are problems. soon or later all my members will leave.

I hope that someone or maybe Bondings can check the entire server system for problems.

I write this message out of pure missery. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
There shouldn't be any problems with the server, if I'm not mistaken. You are most likely not the only one using frontpage, so others would be complaining about it too if it wouldn't work.

However, there are lots of bugs/problems with frontpage extensions. Why don't you try to upload files with ftp or the file manager?
I don't use frontpage, but uploading with filezilla wasn't going very well. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. And now it looks like the whole server went down.
SgtGarcia, the server is now back online. I also tried ftp and it worked without any problems.
Lord Klorel
I have tried to upload and now it was a success.

I hope that the problems i have encountered will not return.

A big thanks to Bondings for checking the servers.

I hope that the frontpage extensions will work as normal.

Thanks again,