FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP image

krazycapital
I'm trying to make it so that I don't have to make a new image for each page, and use php to generate it instead. I have the base image, but I need to add text to it. It keeps giving me the same error message:
Error wrote:
The image “http://webbie.zach.frih.net/addtitle.php?title=Webbie.com&left=21&page=&pleft=170” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I am pretty sure this is because it can't find the font files. I have tried multiple paths and stuff like that, but it still won't work. I know it shouldn't be my script because I have it working on my computer. Or does it have to be in a certain file?
Here is the code (if you need it) I cut this from when I had it in the same file:
Code:
<?php
$im = imageCreateFromPNG("images/tileheader.png") ;
header('Content-type: image/png');
// Get Font
$font = 'obloquyo.ttf';
$font2 = 'BoringLesson.ttf';
$font3 = '04B_03__.TTF';
//Colors
$black = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 0, 0);
$gray = imagecolorallocate($im, 128, 128, 128);
//The text
$text = $_GET[title];
$tagline = "Welcome to your web!";
$pagetag = $_GET[page];
//Adds text
$shad = $_GET[left]+3;
$lefttag = 10;
$tagshad = $lefttag+3;
$pleft = $_GET[pleft];

imagettftext($im, 12, 0, $pleft, 140, $black, $font3, $pagetag);

imagettftext($im, 18, 0, $tagshad, 28, $gray, $font, $tagline);
imagettftext($im, 18, 0, $lefttag, 25, $black, $font, $tagline);

imagettftext($im, 25, 0, $shad, 88, $gray, $font2, $text);
imagettftext($im, 25, 0, $_GET[left], 85, $black, $font2, $text);

//Makes image
imagePNG($im);
imageDestroy($im);
?>

Thanks in advance,
Zach
PS: If this is against the rules, please tell me so I can remove it immediately.
Daniel15
Look at the output of the http://webbie.zach.frih.net/addtitle.php?title=Webbie.com&left=21&page=&pleft=170 page:

Quote:
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function: imagettftext() in <b>/home/krazycap/domains/zach.frih.net/public_html/webbie/addtitle.php</b> on line <b>21</b><br />

That means that the imagettftext() function doesn't exist. According to the PHP help page for that function, it needs both the GD library, and the FreeType library. I don't believe that FriHost has the FreeType library installed.
krazycapital
I get a completely different error message, posted above. Is there a way to actually create that function on your own, like
Code:
function imagettftext($var,$var,$var,$var,$var,$var,$var,$var)
{ code here }

or to get it from the freetype library? I have it on my computer so if somebody knows where it is, I might be able to get it from there too. Thanks.
Or if bondings reads this, would it be possible to install the freetype library?
Daniel15
To see the error I got, go directly to http://webbie.zach.frih.net/addtitle.php?title=Webbie.com&left=21&page=&pleft=170 and then click 'View Source' on that page. Or, you can comment the header('Content-type: image/png'); line (so it becomes:
Code:
//header('Content-type: image/png');
) and then you'll see the error

Unfortunately, the only way to get the FreeType library is for Bondings to install it.