FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost - Google Rankings

Daniel15
Hey Bondings, look, your SEO Optimisation works!

Look at this:
Google search for 'DirectAdmin host': FriHost is #6!
Google search for 'free directadmin host subdomain': FriHost is #18
Google search for 'directadmin mysql allowed host': FriHost is #1!!!!
Yahoo search for 'Free DirectAdmin Hosting': FriHost is #1

Excellent work!

EDIT: Just in case Google changes their index somehow, here's some screenshots:
'directadmin mysql allowed host':

'directadmin host':

'Free DirectAdmin hosting' in Yahoo:
raver
wow that si really great...maybe Bondings should make a SEO tutorial for the rest of us puny mortals Very Happy
NG
omfg congrats FRIHOST !
xorcist
Wow that's nice to get up there. All we need to do is get up there to Number 1 for everything.
LandShark
yah, i found this on google and thats how i came. thank you google!
crazedjill
I found this on Google too. Very Happy I didn't use any of those words though... can't remember what I used.... lol
LandShark
i just searched for good free host and i eventually came here
ahmad
This is some good news Smile
congrats all Laughing
qarasena
i came here when i searched good web hosting
and i think that u r agood host
barobrain
I was looking for a good host site as well. Searched for free web hosting. Found freewebspace.net and your site was listed there. Only one person replied that you were any good. Maybe I will be the second Cool .

heres the link

http://www.freewebspace.net/php/view.php?id=2900
Daniel15
Hey, we're up to #4 on a search for DirectAdmin Host Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Bondings
Who is still searching with Google anyway. Rolling Eyes

Why don't you try out the new neural network of MSN search with daily algo updates and furious crawling? That's a promising search engine! Wink

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=free+php+hosting #2
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=free+hosting #8 and rising
ignition
Bondings wrote:
Why don't you try out the new neural network of MSN search with daily algo updates and furious crawling? Wink

Because that has got to be the ugliest search engine I've ever laid eyes on Wink
webapp
Thats really really amazing.
Marston
Yeah, but the keywords are a bit too specific... In reality, who's going to search for 'directadmin mysql allowed host'? It's not even proper grammar! Good job on the 'DirectAdmin host' SERP ranking though, Bondings Smile.
Daniel15
Quote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Marston wrote:
Yeah, but the keywords are a bit too specific... In reality, who's going to search for 'directadmin mysql allowed host'? It's not even proper grammar!

Yeah, I know. I was actually searching for how to add 'Allowed Hosts' to a MySQL database in DirectAdmin Very Happy. That's when I noticed FriHost there.

Quote:
Why don't you try out the new neural network of MSN search with daily algo updates and furious crawling? That's a promising search engine

I hate to say it, but I'm actually starting to like MSN search. It actually indexes my whole site properly Very Happy. MSN, Yahoo and Google will be in competition, making better search results and adding new features. This can only be a good thing for the users Very Happy
elekis
Bondings wrote:

Why don't you try out the new neural network of MSN search with daily algo updates and furious crawling? That's a promising search engine! Wink

cause I m under linux
lockwolf
And why not check yahoo while were at it

free PHP hosting (Rank 2): http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=free+php+hosting&ei=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&fr=moz2
free directadmin hosting (Rank 2): http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=free+directadmin+hosting&ei=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&fr=moz2

But nothing else cuz theyre gay
Bondings
elekis wrote:
Bondings wrote:

cause I m under linux

And Microsoft blocks linux users from their website? I highly doubt it. The only thing you need is a browser and going to http://search.msn.com/ to start searching.
jfcliverpool
yeah this site is excellent + the offer is brilliant that your offering for free its the only site that offers this kind of package.
Daniel15
lockwolf wrote:
free directadmin hosting (Rank 2): http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=free+directadmin+hosting&ei=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&fr=moz2

It's gone to number one!! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
tbsly
So for us noobs out there, what's the secret. Obviously your doing a kick ass job at optimizing Frihost for search engines because it's popping up in the top 20 on all of them, are there any quick tips or tricks that you could share that would help the web noobs out. I finally have my site up, now I want to get it in the top 10 pages of google. To do this I should...?
tbsly
smokey4life
thats awsome!! thats just goes to show you how much traffic frihost is actually getting as well as search engine hits Wink i knew this place would take off!!
lockwolf
daniel15 wrote:
lockwolf wrote:

It's gone to number one!! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I looked and it was at 4th for than and I cant even find it for free PHP host anymore, I looked about 4 pages then got bored.
Daniel15
Also, a search for FriHost in Google brings back 78,300 results Shocked
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=opera&rls=en&q=frihost&btnG=Search

That's just amazing!!
n0obie4life
You see, people like Bondings, use search engine who display their sites higher Smile. That's just called..erm..self..making himself happy.

It's a pityful way of thinking your site is the best around.

These forums are friggin boring and I'm waiting for that RPG or at least SOMETHING to do Smile.
MalvagioAddict
congrats on that feat. I'm pretty sure it would rise up there in the next couple of weeks.

I myself searched on yahoo for free webhosting and it lead me to here. so I'm pretty glad that it's right there or else I might not have been lead here.

congrats.

whatever that rpg you were referring too, i might be interested to see that one too.
whplace
Cooooooool!

Thanx to faithful fans like us he he

and good staffs like you.

SmileWink

whplace
shabda
Woops. no 1 on such higly competititve keywords. Nice. So bondings when are you buying the third server, what with the torrent of new people sure to come.
dac_nip
congratulations! great job. can you teach us how to optimize our site for search engines like google, yahoo and msn? i've been using google sitemap only and some friendly URL optimization but i can't seem to make my site appear among the top ten in google..can anyone help me?..thanks
n0obie4life
shabda wrote:
Woops. no 1 on such higly competititve keywords. Nice. So bondings when are you buying the third server, what with the torrent of new people sure to come.

I'm going to demand that the new server has Apache 2 and PHP5 Smile. And obviously Directadmin.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
shabda wrote:

I'm going to demand that the new server has Apache 2 and PHP5 Smile. And obviously Directadmin.

Having both PHP 4 and 5 is much better. You can make .php go to PHP4 and .php5 go to PHP5. That way, people can normally run scripts using PHP4, but people that really need PHP 5 can just rename their script to [filename].php5 and enjoy PHP 5 Very Happy

Screenshot of FriHost Yahoo ranking Very Happy:
vignesh_natraj
daniel15 wrote:

Look at this:

Excellent work!

DirectAdmin host': FriHost is #4

good work frihost.[/quote]
Marston
tbsly wrote:
So for us noobs out there, what's the secret. Obviously your doing a kick *** job at optimizing Frihost for search engines because it's popping up in the top 20 on all of them, are there any quick tips or tricks that you could share that would help the web noobs out. I finally have my site up, now I want to get it in the top 10 pages of google. To do this I should...?
tbsly
I think that FriHost is ranked highly because it's got like what... a gazillion in bound links? I'd wager that at least 40% of the people who are hosted here link back to FriHost. Also, the fact that Google can index the forums probably helps. Smile
SNES350
ignition wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Why don't you try out the new neural network of MSN search with daily algo updates and furious crawling? Wink

Because that has got to be the ugliest search engine I've ever laid eyes on Wink

Agreed. The layout of the results pages and the font they use I just cannot stand. And the actual content doesn't use the full width of my resolution, which really bothers me more than the other nuances.
TheNEC
[quote="Bondings"]Who is still searching with Google anyway. Rolling Eyes /quote]
Oh come on man, everyone searches with google. Have you checked out google video yet? awesome.....
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
shabda wrote:

PHP5 breaks a bunch of scripts though, doesn't it?
zeebo323
Google is god. The website is so small and quick to load, everyone uses it, Modem users AND T1 users.
It's the easiest and best search engine, hands down.
Zuwiki
TheNEC wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Oh come on man, everyone searches with google. Have you checked out google video yet? awesome.....

Yeah, I've tried quite a few other search engines out. I hate them all. Google kicks their n00b ***es

The only one I've ever liked was freewebspace.net, cuz that's how I found FriHost! Smile
Billwaa
that's cool. But sadly, usually the rank change a lot. My site used to be rank 1
madsencarl
Billwaa wrote:
that's cool. But sadly, usually the rank change a lot. My site used to be rank 1

For what keywords?
Daniel15
Marston wrote:

That's why you install PHP4 and PHP5... PHP4 runs when you use a .php file extension, and PHP5 runs when you use a .php5 file extension. That way, "normal" people use PHP4, and more advanced people that know they need PHP5 can use it.
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Marston wrote:

That's why you install PHP4 and PHP5... PHP4 runs when you use a .php file extension, and PHP5 runs when you use a .php5 file extension. That way, "normal" people use PHP4, and more advanced people that know they need PHP5 can use it.

Yeah, that's possible to do but it's not easy to achieve, causes performancy issues and the php5 will lack a lot of features(in most cases), some very essential ones.
Bondings
About the rankings, we are now ranked #4 on msn.com for "free hosting". We'll probably fall back in a few days, though.
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
About the rankings, we are now ranked #4 on msn.com for "free hosting". We'll probably fall back in a few days, though.

Now that is absolutely amazing! How did you get ranked so high? Maybe you should make a SEO resource page or something, with hints on getting a good search engine rank.
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Now that is absolutely amazing! How did you get ranked so high? Maybe you should make a SEO resource page or something, with hints on getting a good search engine rank.

It's not really that hard to rank on msn. Just optimize the page for the keywords and have some good links with the keywords in the anchor text. That's it.

By the way, most people use the regional listings of msn and they don't display us in the top-10. Such a listing would result in tons of traffic on google, but only 1-2 visitors from msn currently. Wink
nam_siddharth
I am on top in google with Siddharth Cyber. I am on top with हिन्दी फोरम too.

For you information, my website is not older than 10 days. Wink

Edit:
Is old frih$/point system back? I got more than 1 point for this post.
alizabet_106
Grateful! Although i found frihost from www.freewebhost.net, at first sight i choose this first web.

Congratulation again. Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing
frozenhead
Lol. Yeah, it's just because the FriHost Staff work so hard just to bring us the best WebHosting ever been made in the planet so it deserves to be in the top ranks.

Great job FriHost! and I'm with the ones who are of 150% support for the community. Wink
manumiglani
Bondings wrote:

free hosting is currently #2 on msm search for "free hosting". how can anyone estimate that the ranking is going to fall or rise ?
windval
yeah~~

it is fantastic~~

i love frihost

and i want you all love frihost!!!
statusfashions
First OF All Let Me congratulate on the great achievement. I am a member of many forums but hardly i see such an active forum like ours here.
also the free webspace provided is the best.
cishing yu all the best for the future. I would like to have some tips on seo for my website too.
www.statusfashions.tk
Lennon
I think FRIHOST deserves it.
My college lecturer had lecture notes that hit no.1 in google under the most simple obvious term, and he didn't deserve it. Plus the notes included our names and student no.s
pacslim
Congrats to frihost and 2 you bondings them are sum good rankings !
Keep up that excelent work you do for us all, and thanks for the ride to nr1 on this excelent free host ! Wink
lukeropro
wow that's great! GO FRIHOST! LONG LIVE FRIHOST! THE BEST FREE HOST EVER IS FRIHOST! WOO HOO!
borud
Thats pretty amazing!
It's not many webpages that you get on top of googlesearch several different times.
By the way we had a little discussion on a Norwegian page yesterday.
How many webpages is there really on the web. Im not sure if they talked about millions or billions, but one thing is for sure. It deffinetly were a lot of pages Wink
polopolo
This is great!
So can more people get space from this best free webhosting!

And better for the points system for us! Wink
thadnation
there's over 8 trillion websites in the google database, and experts assume that less than 50% of sites are indexed, meaning there's probably about 16 trillion websites. well, 16 trillion and one. I just started my site.

2008 update:

with "free directadmin web hosting" frihost is #4
with "directadmin hosting" it's nowhere to be seen
with "free php hosting" its #13
with "php hosting" its just not there

msn (now live search):

free hosting: #43
free php hosting: #4
free web hosting #175
free directadmin hosting: #1

congrats Mr. bondings!
andredesignz
I must say that's Great for Frihost. Honesty this one of the best forum i have ever been into.
Google should have a a BIG selection for FRIHOST Cool
ptfrances
My small website is in ranking 6 but I would have advices to know how to better this ranking.
Did I need to invest some money in some agencies ? What is the best and the more economic to better his ranking ?

Thanks to everyone for your advices
winmark
Daniel15 wrote:

Look at this:

Excellent work!

EDIT: Just in case Google changes their index somehow, here's some screenshots:
'directadmin mysql allowed host':

'directadmin host':

'Free DirectAdmin hosting' in Yahoo:

What's with directadmin included in all searches .. that's not a user friendly keyword and a normal user would not try searchin with this keyword in my opinion
kirii
wow thats amazing!!
congratz frihost..
hope it can continue and last forever