FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL connection

bnbrown
I have a MySQL query program and I want to connect to my MySQL at my frih account to apply queries etc. Yes, I have already made a database and a user in my CP. So the situation is that when I wanted to connect with the program I used the database name, user password that I created in CP and for the host name (I think this is the wrong track) I used localhost, also tried with 1(localhost) 2(localhost) regarding 1 and 2 as the server. But no connection. I was wondering how a program can find my MySQL connect if I just say the host nam is localhost (from the millions of localhost the world over). Can any one help?

Thanks,
bnbrown
n0obie4life
IP Address of the .frih.net server.

Instead of localhost.

bnbrown
Does not work...
n0obie4life
It's the correct IP, I'm sure. Make sure you have the corerct username and password.
Daniel15
I think you need to add your own IP address as an 'Allowed Host' on the FriHost server. I'm not sure how to do that in DirectAdmin (I know you can do it in cPanel, but that's no help to you)
n0obie4life
mysql databases --> click on the databasename.
bnbrown
I have been allowed my own IP address, though I don't think it would count at all. But still I have no connection.