FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has anyone gotten Comersus to work?

northcoast
I'm trying to install comersus, the shopping cart program and all I get is blank pages. Has anyone successfully gotten it installed on their frihost site?
n0obie4life
http://www.comersus.com/

Comersus is an ASP Program.

ASP only works on Windows Servers and not Linux Servers.

Try some other shopping cart, ZenCart might be good.

http://www.zencart.com/
northcoast
Actually it says right on their front page that its for windows and linux servers.
northcoast
I've tried zencart, it installed fine on my other server but it was a pain in the you know what to change the appearance and customize. Plus, I want to use DHL shipping and comersus just has tons more features than any other free cart out there.

The tech support at 1and1 won't open all permissions for me (i've given the right files and folders 777 permission like comersus tech support says) but my tech at 1and1 needs to open some kind of permission as well but they don't know what i'm talking about. Neither do I.

Kind of strange that Frihost has alot better control panel and support than 1and1, even thought I'm paying for hosting there.

*edited becuase I read the post wrong*
Daniel15
northcoast wrote:
Actually it says right on their front page that its for windows and linux servers.

Some Linux servers support ASP, but it really makes the server insecure. FriHost don't support ASP.