FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you download TV episodes instead of using a PVR?

do you download episodes you've missed?
yes, but only in DVD video quality
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
yes, in xvid format.. an acceptable quality
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
yes, in icky rm format or other atrocious low band format
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no, it's not fair to the producers. I'd rather suffer huge timeline gaps and miss out on character development
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I wish I could do that. I still foolishly try to interact with the web on a dialup modem account
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
no, I have a nanny state mentality PVR .. I can't archive the episodes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no, I built my own PVR. I'll do as I please with the encodings and archive them to DVD-R if I feel like it
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
no, I'm a MCPA zealot. I'll have your first child for "stealing" episodes like this. And if you don't actively watch the commercials I'll have your eyes gouged out.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

gonzo
When you can't get to your PVR to capture a TV episode or if you don't have a PVR do you download episodes you've missed?
naz
I don't watch TV in generall so I don't have any problems Wink
DRock
Yeah, I turned my PC into a PVR so, any shows that I know I am giong to miss, or really like, I do encode to dvd quality. DVD quality isn't saying much, considering where I live has the shittiest cable quality ever.
gonzo
I love Arin
alkady
Are you a government agent by any chance? Anyhow I do both, I download and I record, I download most of the time since I rarely watch tv with my schedual, I can catch what I miss on the weekends.
xorcist
I have this one thing called AverTV for my computer that you plug into the USB and it has some schedule thing that makes me record like whole seasons. I just use that when I want to download full TV shows or seasons.
crazedjill
naz wrote:
I don't watch TV in generall so I don't have any problems Wink
Same here. TV makes my brain hurt. Twisted Evil
DX-Blog
I download most things up front seeing as to how most series take at least 5 seasons before the first season will be aired here. Unless it are things like Joey and such, but still it's always 1 season behind then.
gonzo
alkady wrote:
Are you a government agent by any chance?

I'm related to someone in the NSA. Does that count? mwahaha
Scaramanga
I will generally download a show within a week or so of missing it (otherwise what's the point?) However, I refuse to download shows that are already available on DVD (unless of course they are from a different country and I'm unlikely to ever see said show released here in the States.)