FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ok I seem to be full of questions lately...

Stella Vibes
ok before u guys go screaming OFF_TOPIC read it all lol

Ok First I liked to give a big kudos and 1 million snicker points to the guys on this site, I have never seen a site filled with so much useful information and every last one of you guys are an asset to the Frihost society. Seriously no jokes or sarcasm here.

Ok now to the real issue.

Mailing list and Log ins
Ok I'm more interested in the Former than the latter right now (mailing List)
How do you go about making these? it is essential to my site. but i have no knowledge on making them.

thanks in advance
DX-Blog
I am not sure what kind of system is being used here by frihost, but from what I've seen it basically is the standard system to which you send a mail in order to apply.

So well you, you could easily make 1 by creating a form on your site which people can fill in and which then can send the mail to the mailing list to be accepted. Remember to let the from parameter here be the users email address since after all that's the one supposed to get listed.

I suppose it would offer authentication as well so the user would get a validation mail?

After you've set it up basically and users can apply like this you could use the admin panel as well I think to actually send the mails to the users.

Signing out of the mailing list would basically go simillar to the registration to it.

Since I haven't set up a mailing list for myself here yet I haven't looked into the system being used here that much, but from what i've seen it's the same as to what I described.

Perhaps there is someone which can offer you a better description or even give you a template code for it. I currently haven't written one yet.
LukeakaDanish
My tip:

Find a free script to do all of it for you...

Google search...
kv
If you want a mailing list, go create one using controlpanel. it is that simple.
BearClaw
as for mailing lists....there are a number of ways to do them. you can have email addresses submitted into a database and have a php script mail them information from a form or any of the above.

depends on the application.

the same for log ins, database use is essential. unless you just want a general password, then you can just make a simple conditional logic script.
Stella Vibes
ok thanks guys
Stella Vibes
ok I created a mailing list nowhow do i allow users to add their page to the mailling list?
how do I put it on my site nothing too fancy just a simple

"Join our mailing list (insert mailing list code here)"
LukeakaDanish
Stella Vibes wrote:
ok I created a mailing list nowhow do i allow users to add their page to the mailling list?
how do I put it on my site nothing too fancy just a simple

"Join our mailing list (insert mailing list code here)"

Um...excuse me for being confused, but what have you created? a PHP script? In that case just do a html form! if you dont know how to do this, i could assist you (slow) or you could find instructions somewhere else on the net (fast)