FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IRC restrictions

phx777
My website has chat available by jirc (java chat client) and the client is hosted on webserver, however - understandable it doesent do anything on the web server, so the server has no direct contact with irc, it only supplys the java client to the visitor, so that visitors can chat on the site... is that still forbidden?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Bondings
phx777 wrote:
My website has chat available by jirc (java chat client) and the client is hosted on webserver, however - understandable it doesent do anything on the web server, so the server has no direct contact with irc, it only supplys the java client to the visitor, so that visitors can chat on the site... is that still forbidden?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

No sorry but IRC is strictly not allowed on the servers.
phx777
so what should i do, host the page with the irc client remotely and just link it? or is that forbidden too?
Bondings
phx777 wrote:
so what should i do, host the page with the irc client remotely and just link it? or is that forbidden too?

Yes, sure you are allowed to link to it, but not host it on the server. It's not allowed by the datacenter.
phx777
just to make sure, i didnt actually intend to run any irc application on the server, only this which is now linked...

no need to reply if i cant host this....
and tnx for the answer...

(it connects from the website visitor not from server)

http://users.volja.net/dci777/chat/
Bondings
phx777 wrote:
just to make sure, i didnt actually intend to run any irc application on the server, only this which is now linked...

no need to reply if i cant host this....
and tnx for the answer...

(it connects from the website visitor not from server)

http://users.volja.net/dci777/chat/

As long as the irc is run on another server, it's ok.