FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

copyright

chennai
I see tht many web pages have a copyright statement at their bottom.How do they acquire it? is it free?if it is where to get it?
wumingsden
Copyright is automatically granted to whoever made something, for example a website, book, song, etc. You do not have to pay for one or do anything, a copyright notice is just an extra protection for people against others that may steal something of yours on the net.

To add a copyright add something like this in an overall footer or equivalent (meaning after all other stuff in the body section).

© 2006 WuMingsDen

© makes a copyright symbol

My copyright notice is this:

<tr><td style="font-size: 8pt">&copy; 2006 WuMingsDen</td></tr>

To see what is makes go to my website (click on the corrosponding logo and then scroll to the bottom once your there).
Vrythramax
According to the current copyright laws it states that if you download a document off the internet, source code and all, and change/modify 20% of its overall content it then becomes a new document and the previous copyright is null and void.

That's why I use flash and html encryption.
Marston
You could also just opt for a creative commons liscense. They're drawn up by actual lawyers, and are completley free. Check http://creativecommons.org for more info.
Vrythramax
Great URL Marston.....I'll be putting it thru the ringers shortly Wink
madsencarl
You don't need to actually show your copyright notice - as soon as you create something, it is copyrighted whether you tell people or not (Unless, of course, you tell them it isn't. You're therefore an idiot.)
Daniel15
Quote:

ALL HTML encryption can be undone. Just think about it. The web browser needs to render the page, and to do so, it needs normal HTML. Therefore, "encryption" (which is more like obfuscation) uses JavaScript to decrypt the page. Pretty easy to beat.

This is a fact: The harder you make it to steal your code, there's a greater chance of someone stealing it.

And, there's Flash decompilers. While they don't work properly, they can get most of the content.
Metaguy
daniel15 wrote:
Quote:

ALL HTML encryption can be undone. Just think about it. The web browser needs to render the page, and to do so, it needs normal HTML. Therefore, "encryption" (which is more like obfuscation) uses JavaScript to decrypt the page. Pretty easy to beat.

This is a fact: The harder you make it to steal your code, there's a greater chance of someone stealing it.

And, there's Flash decompilers. While they don't work properly, they can get most of the content.

Yeah, dont waste your money on encryption, no matter what you do, someone will get it...
vignesh_natraj
i thought we should pay for such things
Bondings
You only need to pay to register a trademark. A copyright is completely free.

Everything you write/make yourself falls under the copyright laws. You don't even have to put the copyright symbol beneath it, that is just to remind people of not to copy your poem/book/site.