FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Afriad.org

vignesh_natraj
Can any one teach us on how to set up a domain from afraid.org.
Do they provide free domains.I currently have registered a domain name through them but the status is broken.
Bondings

This is for the first server, for the second server (DirectAdmin) you need to use ns1.frih.net instead of ns1.frihost.net .
Kyle Katarn
After reading your post, it sounds like you attempted to setup a regulat domain through them. I use them, and as far as I know, you can't register a top-level, but rather use a subdomain of the sites they host the DNS for. For example, let's say I use them for my site www.foo.net. Well, to do that I would have to use a domain registrar to register the name, and then go through their process to set up dns. This is only applicable with top-level domain, such as www.foo.net.

If you registered a subdomain such as foo.afraid.org, ignore this message. I just posted this because I made the same mistake when I was first starting, and it sounded to me like you did the same.
gonzo
Do you want to use Afraid.org to manage a second level domain or a third level domain?

Additionally frihost NS are NOT RFC compliant.
Daniel15
gonzo wrote:
Additionally frihost NS are NOT RFC compliant.

What makes you say that? I'm assuming that the FriHost name servers are just standard BIND9/Named servers, which IS RFC compliant.

EDIT: Oh, you mean that the name servers aren't geographically dispersed. Well, find me 1 web host that does use nameservers in seperate Class C address spaces.