FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SATA HDD

mathiaus
Well I've just built my first PC. Its got a SATA HDD though and I'm having some trouble ...

I've copied my SATA drivers onto a floppydisk and during windows setup i click F6. However my floppy drive is an external USB one. I can hear it whizzing and I know it works beacuse sticking a dos disk in starts it up. Anyway I press S to install my additional drivers but it doesnt seem to get them. It keeps saying to insert the disk named hardware drivers.
Not pressing F6 and just doeing the normal setup it comes up saying there is no HDD though it appears in the BIOS and raid config (I'm not using RAID).

Any ideas are greatfully appreciated Wink
mOrpheuS
You can try to remaster your windows install CD, and slipstream the text mode sata drivers into the CD itself.
That way you'll be able to install the sata drivers without floppy disk/drive.

I found this tutorial - http://www.techimo.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1084350
could be useful ?

OR do it the easy way !
Try nLite to help you easily integrate text mode drivers (and other drivers as well) into your CD.
photon
the problem is in your external floppy drive. you need an internal driver so that it works during installation. you can either use an internal floppy drive, or follow the way that morpheus posted
mathiaus
I've had a go at the CD and decided I'll buy a cheap FDD for this or just borrow one. Thanks for the help though Very Happy