FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A name for my program

Wynand
Im a programmer

I wrote a program that handles the bookings for guesthouses. I am not advertising my program here, but I would like to tell you the features that I built into the program.

It is a windows program called Pro Bookings. I had a bit of trouble finding a good name and I am not satisfied yet. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. Anything will go.

The program is used by guesthouses or any other business that rents out any units. On the main screen a reservation calendar is displayed where you can add reservations.

Everything happens in the reservations. You add chargeables and make payments in the reservation. The information that you provide of the guest that is making use of you services is stored so that you can always use it.

I built in a function so that you can see all the money you made. This information is also displayed on a graph. The program also contains help files.

Pro Bookings took me 1 year to program. Are there any of you that are writing you own programs to sell?

I do not have web space from frihost yet, but when I get it, I will host a website that contains extra recourses for my program and tips for guesthouses in the general. So give me names for the program.
LostOverThere
Hi, I'm a programmer, though I have free software.

Anyway, I was thinking of these:
Pro-tel (Like 'Pro Hotel')
Settle
Book-Me
leat397
Hi, I'm not a programmer but I do have some suggestions here,

1. Bookiz - like the pronounce Book it easy
2. IntelliBook
3. E-Bookin'
4. B-portal
chennai
i think you can call it "pro-guesthouse"
DX-Blog
Sucks that RMS (Reservation Management System) has already been taken, but would be a pretty nice name. Pretty direct and short.

I would avoid using the word pro in the default name, beside it already being used by rentalpro you could better leave it for possible different versions if you would expand your software. Like having a seperate professional version.

Not good with names myself though, RMS kinda is like the only thing which is something even I could have come up with Razz.
Blademasters
I agree with DX in that you should avoid using Pro for now.
narc
OneNightStand

That's what I would call it.
erlendhg
DX-Blog wrote:
Sucks that RMS (Reservation Management System) has already been taken, but would be a pretty nice name.

What about PBM (Professional Booking Manager)?
NG
chennai wrote:
i think you can call it "pro-guesthouse"

he may not like it but i thnk its a good idea
DX-Blog
erlendhg wrote:
DX-Blog wrote:
Sucks that RMS (Reservation Management System) has already been taken, but would be a pretty nice name.

What about PBM (Professional Booking Manager)?

Besides the professional part, see my last post, it sounds pretty good already. It doesn't try to sound cheap with names like e-blabla or blablaiz or something like that, but it's a clear names. Sounds nice and directly shows what it is.

Electronic could fit in here in some way though, not as e- though, but just as E, so you would get EBM.

EBM itself results in a lot of hits in google, Electronic Booking Manager doesn't, so in this combination the letters would be pretty unique, still direct and to the point. You could use the full name as well as a title on your program itself or as a subtitle.

It still offers possibilities for professional and light versions and such as well. Might be a good name even to use Razz.
george7004
GBM (Guesthouse Booking Management)

I think that is a good name for your program.

People will like it Wink you can make GBM-PRO when you finished your second version of it.

OR you can have GBM-Lite as a free program but with less features,
GBM as the normal program but with some payment
and GBM-Pro as the program you pay money for and get ALOT of good featues
gonzo
Wynand wrote:
Im a programmer

I wrote a program that handles the bookings for guesthouses....
Pro Bookings took me 1 year to program. Are there any of you that are writing you own programs to sell?

There are people who can't afford it. Will you please post a download link so they can easily pirate it?
SunburnedCactus
gonzo wrote:
Wynand wrote:
Im a programmer

I wrote a program that handles the bookings for guesthouses....

There are people who can't afford it. Will you please post a download link so they can easily pirate it?

How long will it take on 100Mbps connection?
silvermesh
The key to selling a product is short and sweet. something that isn't complicated to say or remember, but that sticks out in your head.

LostOverThere wrote:

Settle

This would be perfect, in my opinion.