FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why is it that everything I do does not work!

hack_man_
Why is my site always glitching and having errors!!!

I have tried to get Joomla 1.0.5 to work for so long but every time I try, something else goes wrong!!! I have no idea what keeps causing it but I must say, I am losing my patience!!!

www.linkup.frih.net

See for yourself!
thnn
Have you checked that all your permissions are set correctly.

This could cause problems. Also did you follow all installation instructions properly?
hack_man_
Every time i try it I always follow the instructions to a T. It said in the setup that I need to register globals but I do not know how to do that, but it says that it does not need it to be able to work.
n0obie4life
That is a server config, just ignore that. You won't be able to do much anyway, and it's disabled* most of the time on most webhosts for security reasons.

* either disabled or enabled, can't remember.
hack_man_
It is on, but Joomla needs it off
Kyle Katarn
It just tells you that it's on, and warns you. It will work fine with it on. I know, because I have Joomla one of my other accounts.
n0obie4life
hack_man_ wrote:
It is on, but Joomla needs it off

Joomla doesn't need it on nor off, it recommends for it to be off.

We won't turn it on, security risk I think (not too sure).
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:

Joomla doesn't need it on nor off, it recommends for it to be off.

We won't turn it on, security risk I think (not too sure).

It's not a direct security risk, but it can make badly written scripts more vulnerable. register_globals basically lets you use $var instead of $_POST['var'] or $_GET['var']. The security risks come if you use uninitialised variables in your script.

Most users should not need to worry about it.