FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 down?

Commando_Sondre
I have been checking the "Accouncement" category, but there arent any thing that says that server 2 is down. Because I can't acsess my site at all. Can any one confirm this?

EDIT: Nevermind anymore, the server works now Very Happy
wumingsden
Server 2 has been having a bit of trouble for about a day now. I currently cannot access cp.frih.net and yoursite.frih.net always turns out to be a page with this same source code:

Code:

<html>
<head>
<title>frih.com: The Best Search Links on the Net</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="1,*" border=0>
  <frame name="top" src="/t.php?cat=general&kw=&sc=" scrolling=no frameborder=0 noresize framespacing=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0>
  <frame src="/search.php" scrolling="auto" framespacing=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 noresize>
</frameset>
<noframes>
This page requires frames.
</noframes>
</html>
Bondings
Apache was giving an error and didn't want to restart again. It only got fixed by restarting the whole server.

Wumingsden, it's frih.net and not frih.com. Frih.com has nothing to do with Frihost.

http://cp.frih.net/ is working fine now for me.
wumingsden
http://cp.frih.net/ is still not working. My site was being redirected to frih.com as well as another URL that I checked as I wanted to be sure that it wasn't my websites fault but the server
Bondings
wumingsden wrote:
http://cp.frih.net/ is still not working. My site was being redirected to frih.com as well as another URL that I checked as I wanted to be sure that it wasn't my websites fault but the server

It really shouldn't be redirecting to frih.com, you most likely filled in .com instead of .net. Your website is also working fine for me.
wumingsden
I doubt it but could it be the difference in time zones?
Bondings
wumingsden wrote:
I doubt it but could it be the difference in time zones?

No, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Please go to start --> execute --> type "cmd" and then press on enter to get the command screen. Then type "ping frih.net" and please post the output. It should be giving the ip-address 216.32.85.170.
wumingsden
I restarted the computer as clearing temp internet files, cache didn't help. Still no effect. This is the outcome:

Quote:

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>ping frih.net

Pinging frih.net [216.32.85.170] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 216.32.85.170:
Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 0, Lost = 4 <100% loss>,

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>
[/code]
Bondings
Ah nice. That means that the server refuses a connection. I found your ip on the blocked list and removed it from it. You should now again be able to reach the server.

However, I have no idea why you went to frih.com instead of .net. Weird. Or maybe your browser redirected you.

By the way, please be carefull when logging in with ftp, after 17 unsuccessfull logins, your ip is banned from the server(what happened in this case).
wumingsden
17, was it really that many? I can only FTP at http://web2ftp.com/ so can this cause the problem still. Also I successly logged into FTP at the above only about 1/2 hour ago.

All working great again, thanks Bondings

I guess Topic can be closed now that mine and Commando_Sondre problems have been sorted out, thanks again
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
By the way, please be carefull when logging in with ftp, after 17 unsuccessfull logins, your ip is banned from the server(what happened in this case).

Why 17? Some magical number? Very Happy
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Why 17? Some magical number? Very Happy

Default value, I suppose. It emails me those things, most of the time some hacker trying to randomly guess passwords.