FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Major Terror Plot Against US Ignored By US Media





S3nd K3ys
http://www.aina.org/news/20060106102431.htm

Quote:
The mainstream U.S. media outlets have failed to report a major terrorist plot against the U.S. - because it would tend to support President Bush's use of NSA domestic surveillance, according to media watchdog groups.

News of a planned attack masterminded by three Algerians operating out of Italy was widely reported outside the U.S., but went virtually unreported in the American media.

Italian authorities recently announced that they had used wiretaps to uncover the conspiracy to conduct a series of major attacks inside the U.S.

Italian Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu said the planned attacks would have targeted stadiums, ships and railway stations, and the terrorists' goal, he said, was to exceed the devastation caused by 9/11.


http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012808.php

Quote:
Meanwhile, There's A War On

We noted here the mysteriously under-covered story of the three would-be terrorists who were arrested in Italy after vowing to launch an attack on America that would dwarf September 11. A reader sent us a link to this article, which has more:


http://mediachannel.org/blog/node/2697

Quote:
Major Terror Plot Against US Ignored By US Media
Submitted by editor on January 6, 2006 - 5:12pm.

Source: Assyrian International News Agency

The mainstream U.S. media outlets have failed to report a major terrorist plot against the U.S. - because it would tend to support President Bush's use of NSA domestic surveillance, according to media watchdog groups.

News of a planned attack masterminded by three Algerians operating out of Italy was widely reported outside the U.S., but went virtually unreported in the American media.

Italian authorities recently announced that they had used wiretaps to uncover the conspiracy to conduct a series of major attacks inside the U.S.


http://www.upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20051223-032851-1214r

Quote:
Italy arrests Algerian terror suspects

ROME, Dec. 23 (UPI) -- Italian authorities revealed Friday they had arrested three Algerians suspected of being in an Islamist terror cell.

The three men were arrested in southern Italy and are suspected of being members of a terror cell of the radical Salafite Group for Preaching and Combat, or GSPC, that has ties to al-Qaida.

The inquiry, codenamed "Full Moon", began in November 2003 into a group of Algerians resident in the area around Naples who caught police interest because of their close contacts with a known member of the GSPC, the AKI news agency reported.


http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.243084772&par=0

Quote:
ITALY: THREE ALGERIAN TERROR SUSPECTS ARRESTED

Rome, 23 Dec. (AKI) - Three Algerians have been arrested in southern Italy as part of an inquiry into international terrorism. The men are suspected of belonging to a terrorist cell of the radical Salafite Group for Preaching and Combat(GSPC) which has links with Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network.


Now why do you suppose the US media isn't covering this?

1) It doesn't further the Liberal media's agenda.

2) It makes it seem like Bush just might be doing the right thing.

3) They're too busy blaming the coal miner's deaths on Bush
DX-Blog
Not truly answering your question but.... Don't the americans have internet as well? Or are you guys having situations going on like in China where the goverment blocks acces to all pages stating anything which has something to do with this?

I bet if you only set 1 English news paper up on your RSS Feeds or Google main page through the RSS Feeds you would have seen it directly. Besides that, Google News, coming from Google which is located in the US as well, did contain items about this.

You should never just rely on your own media, it always choses sides and is pretty much under influence by the goverment. In these times where internet is something which can be accessed by virtually anybody you should just make use of that.
S3nd K3ys
DX-Blog wrote:
Not truly answering your question but.... Don't the americans have internet as well? Or are you guys having situations going on like in China where the goverment blocks acces to all pages stating anything which has something to do with this?

I bet if you only set 1 English news paper up on your RSS Feeds or Google main page through the RSS Feeds you would have seen it directly. Besides that, Google News, coming from Google which is located in the US as well, did contain items about this.

You should never just rely on your own media, it always choses sides and is pretty much under influence by the goverment. In these times where internet is something which can be accessed by virtually anybody you should just make use of that.


If you look closely you'll see that all the quotes I provided were ALL the links I found from google news.

You should also know by now that I definately do NOT rely on any one news source or any one country's source for news.

The main point here was to point out how the media in the US generally doesn't report on anything that makes Bush look like he's doing anything good/right.
DX-Blog
S3nd K3ys wrote:
If you look closely you'll see that all the quotes I provided were ALL the links I found from google news.

You should also know by now that I definately do NOT rely on any one news source or any one country's source for news.

The main point here was to point out how the media in the US generally doesn't report on anything that makes Bush look like he's doing anything good/right.

I don't check Google News that frequently to know which reports are listed on there Razz.

But I wonder, how can this make Bush look good? Italy uncovered them and arrested them is what the quotes state. If another country prevents something to your country that doesn't truly make your leader look good nor bad. It just makes the other country look good.

What it can do though is cause fear, knowing that people are still planning attacks on your country isn't something which would give people a pleasent feeling. And I would think that feeling is even greater if your country is the one which is supposed to be in a "war" on terrorism. Having spent billions into it and then having achieved appearantly no result since it's still going on might besides just fear also cause anger.

So well yeh, there would be reasons behind not broadcasting it within the US. The question though is from who is it coming, the news stations themselves? If so then that's somewhat ok, if the goverment would be prohibiting it from being aired then the freedom of speach would be undermined, which is a bad thing.
S3nd K3ys
DX-Blog wrote:

But I wonder, how can this make Bush look good? Italy uncovered them and arrested them is what the quotes state. If another country prevents something to your country that doesn't truly make your leader look good nor bad. It just makes the other country look good.


So well, yeah, it would make Bush look good because of the wiretaps, continuing terrorist threats, etc that the liberal media is trying to portray as bad for Bush.
DX-Blog
S3nd K3ys wrote:
DX-Blog wrote:

But I wonder, how can this make Bush look good? Italy uncovered them and arrested them is what the quotes state. If another country prevents something to your country that doesn't truly make your leader look good nor bad. It just makes the other country look good.


So well, yeah, it would make Bush look good because of the wiretaps, continuing terrorist threats, etc that the liberal media is trying to portray as bad for Bush.

So something which the media now isn't showing at all would normally be shown as something bad for Bush whilst it is something good for Bush? Ok, I don't get it anymore at this point Razz.

Since the media isn't displaying it at all now it isn't something bad for Bush, nor good, in any way. Besides that, I can't think up of a reason on how a terrorist threat could look good on somebody?

Guess I'm misunderstanding you or something, that would be the most logical answer.
S3nd K3ys
DX-Blog wrote:


Guess I'm misunderstanding you or something, that would be the most logical answer.


Basically, the US media doesn't want to report about anything that would make Bush look good. No matter how important or "newsworthy".

Yet when there's something to (possibly) make him look bad, they jump all over it and report 24/7, no matter how un-important or un-newsworthy.
DX-Blog
S3nd K3ys wrote:
DX-Blog wrote:


Guess I'm misunderstanding you or something, that would be the most logical answer.


Basically, the US media doesn't want to report about anything that would make Bush look good. No matter how important or "newsworthy".

Yet when there's something to (possibly) make him look bad, they jump all over it and report 24/7, no matter how un-important or un-newsworthy.

But that's the same in a lot of country. Media gives the people what they are interested in. If the people want to see how crappy bush is doing that will be shown. This is how news works out in a capitalistic world, it's all about the viewer rates.

Still I don't see how this would be good for Bush anyways, but it would basically be the same as a major fire in a university in the US which kills several students getting no attention here, unless ofcourse a student from here or so would have been there at that time.

In America I guess with the entire political system it is somewhat difference perhaps since there are like 2 sides on everything with the republicans and democrats thing. Would guess that the pro bush channels would air something about it if they thought it was interested for the nation, but guess they didn't do so either (or they are no longer satisfied with bush?). But well yeh, I can't tell anything about that, dun live in America so have no clue what is being showed instead.
gonzo
S3nd K3ys wrote:
DX-Blog wrote:

But I wonder, how can this make Bush look good? .


So well, yeah, it would make Bush look good because of the wiretaps, continuing terrorist threats.


"Bush spied, terrorists died"

Very Happy
LeviticusMky
Goes to show that what the american public wants to see is how badly Bush is doing. Fine by me.

Oh well. Good news for us libbies though, cause it suggests that we'll get the white house, or at least congress.

(When was the last time that a president got happy time rave reviews from the media? Never. It's not liberal bias, it's simple anti-politician bias.)
S3nd K3ys
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=1499905

ABCNews wrote:
Surge in Sale of Disposable Cell Phones May Have Terror Link
Phones Can Be Difficult or Impossible to Track; Large Quantities Purchased in California, Texas
By BRIAN ROSS and RICHARD ESPOSITO

Jan. 12, 2006 - Federal agents have launched an investigation into a surge in the purchase of large quantities of disposable cell phones by individuals from the Middle East and Pakistan, ABC News has learned.

The phones -- which do not require purchasers to sign a contract or have a credit card -- have many legitimate uses, and are popular with people who have bad credit or for use as emergency phones tucked away in glove compartments or tackle boxes. But since they can be difficult or impossible to track, law enforcement officials say the phones are widely used by criminal gangs and terrorists.


Apparently, this cell phone buying spree started right after the recent New York Times expose on phone tapping. These disposable cell phones are nearly impossible to trace.

Quote:
In one New Year's Eve transaction at a Target store in Hemet, Calif., 150 disposable tracfones were purchased. Suspicious store employees notified police, who called in the FBI, law enforcement sources said.

In an earlier incident, at a Wal-Mart store in Midland, Texas, on Dec. 18, six individuals attempted to buy about 60 of the phones until store clerks became suspicious and notified the police. A Wal-Mart spokesperson confirmed the incident.


Its always nice to know that the NYT is looking out for us.. Rolling Eyes
justmooit
I think that I would rather not hear about terror threats. Maybe i would be ignorant but I would be, in some respect, safe within my own thought. Maybe I naive. But if the media makes a mountain out of a mole hill like every other time then the public would be questioning and worrying about safety. Ignorance is bliss or is it?
Texas Al
justmooit wrote:
Maybe I naive.


Maybe.
damj
DX-Blog wrote:
Not truly answering your question but.... Don't the americans have internet as well? Or are you guys having situations going on like in China where the goverment blocks acces to all pages stating anything which has something to do with this?

I bet if you only set 1 English news paper up on your RSS Feeds or Google main page through the RSS Feeds you would have seen it directly. Besides that, Google News, coming from Google which is located in the US as well, did contain items about this.

You should never just rely on your own media, it always choses sides and is pretty much under influence by the goverment. In these times where internet is something which can be accessed by virtually anybody you should just make use of that.


DX ... Sadly, in this country, most people don't bother to read or keep up with current events. Most Americans now get their news in 30 second clips from baised TV news and rarely read fair balanced, or in depth reporting.
Related topics
violent rioting earns respect... murder a necessary outlet
energy
Oh, the evil that Bush has done to this world...
Bin Laden offers truce...
Imageadvisor to the Hamas
Domestic Spying
Bush spells out 'LA terror plot'
Letter from MAJOR GENERAL (DR.) VERNON CHONG
The Middle East Conflict
British Terror Plot Thwarted
America is you, no matter who you are
Children of Jihad
What you think about our president?
Should 9/11 Trials be heard in Civilian or Military Courts?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.