FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

suggestion on posting pic

vinx_18
Can we put some pics by not using the img syntax....By copying images from any source then pasting it to our message body post...coz img syntax requires an url...if i'm not mistaken...
For example..the source of my pic is in the drive c:..
Coz i wanna join the contest and i have my pic already but i couldn't upload it....

Thanks.....
n0obie4life
Huh?

You upload it onto imageshack or whatever your image host is, then they will give you a link.

Then you either just paste the link to the image into your message body or use the img tags.

Or are you trying to say something else.
vinx_18
but i dnt have any image host or imageshack....
n0obie4life
www.imageshack.us

It's a free image uploading service. Just go there, upload your image.
tidruG
I think he meant to make it possible to copy and paste pictures as you would in MS Word, or other such applications.

Unfortunately, vinx_18, this is not possible in phpBB, to the best of my knowledge... However, you can upload images to www.imageshack.us for free, and they give you a link to copy and paste into your post as well. It's a very simple process and once you get used to it, it becomes almost as fast as copying and pasting the image directly into your post.
vinx_18
Adding an image to a post
phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and second, the image you display must already be available on the Internet (it cannot exist only on your computer, for example, unless you run a webserver!). There is currently no way of storing images locally with phpBB (all these issues are expected to be addressed in the next release of phpBB). To display an image, you must surround the URL pointing to the image with [img][/img] tags
I now know the answer...thank you so very much.....