FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

P4 5GHz at -190deg !!!!!!!

NuniPio
this is unbelievable...

http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/12/30/5_ghz_project/

imagine clocking an amd 5200 with that cooling..
harmonica
Quite old, but still good...Wink
marquis51
6gnz, newer here Smile
http://www.nordichardware.com/news,2518.html
chennai
I have a intel pentium 4 proccessor 3.2 ghz with HT tecnology Can I overclock it without using ang special cooling systems?.HOw to over clock my pc?
NuniPio
chennai wrote:
I have a intel pentium 4 proccessor 3.2 ghz with HT tecnology Can I overclock it without using ang special cooling systems?.HOw to over clock my pc?

depends how much u want to clock it to i guess..but i recommend gettin somebody who knows to check it out b4 u overclock
NuniPio
marquis51 wrote:
6gnz, newer here Smile
http://www.nordichardware.com/news,2518.html

got dayem das crazy!
Kydha
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i wanna do the same to mine!!!!!

to goooooodddd....!!!
comp615
They had a nice one with liquid nitrogen or something. I saw some guy managed to get his up to 7.14 Ghz or so recently. It was on his personal site. SHould google it and try to find it somewhere. Maybe I saw it on toms?
helk
i wonder..
how would the ps3 cell chip match up to a 7ghz dual core??

hehe. speed freaks we are. Laughing
kansloos
You can overclock your PC by throwing up your bus speed, which will overclock your CPU to. You can do this probably in the bios.

AND DO NOT TRY TO OVERCLOCK YOUR PC BY 70% AS I DID 2 WEEKS AGO!!!!
sgwreviews
I cannot believe it.
comp615
I Know I just saw someone that was up to 7 gigs around...might try to find that.
ocalhoun
chennai wrote:

First get some liquid nitrogen...
izcool
By reading multiple books that I bought, you overclock your PC by changing the multiplier in the BIOS. I highly recommend not doing it as it immediately voids the warranty with the computer manufacturer or the CPU manufacturer, plus, the CPU's life span will not be as long. You can probably get away with overclocking some antique computer to get the "most" out of it, but spending a couple hundred dollars on a CPU and then abusing it is just not right.

You technically can get away with overclocking it and not changing the cooling system, but it won't last for very long (at the most, a couple of minutes). You see, newer PC's BIOS's come with a saftey tool where the BIOS will turn off the machine if the CPU or Case temperature meet at or above a certain temperature, in order to help make the PC live. Without this tool, the CPU may even melt since it gets incredibly hot. I think it's around 200*F where that gets engaged (correct me if I'm wrong). It's just like putting a pizza in an oven and craking the heat as high as it can go. What will happen ? The pizza won't last long at that temperature.

My last words about the topic - DON'T DO IT.

Enough said.

- Mike.
Xcelerate
Overclocking sounds dangerous. Other than being a fire hazard, what is there that someone would want to do to make their computer go thirty or so percent faster that they can't wait longer for?
Dino
a compressor cools the chipset and liquid nitrogen cools the CPU.