FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 Next

silliman
Aloha FriHost Team,

The other day I was cruizing through the "Memberlist" page and sorting the fields by various categories when I quickly noticed that in order to get to a specific data point within the 145 pages, I needed to start at one end of the continuum and click "Next," "Next," "Next" until I reached the data element I was looking for.

It actually took so long that I decided to give up.

QUESTION: Is there a way that the "Goto page" located at the button at the bottom of the page can be parsed into increments of approximately 50 units such navigating to the middle of the data would not take as long?

Thanks,

Mark
n0obie4life
Possible with a tiny modification.

Bondings knows of the modification I think (I told him of it).

I'm sure he'll fix it up soon, maybe after this month (he has a really tight schedule this month).
babumuchhala
Well why give that man a hardtime modding it.

Just change the numbers in the address bar and phpBB will show u the users from that point.

Since frihost shows 70 members per page, multiply the page no with 70 & then subtratct 70 ie if u want to vist page no 70, then 70*70-70 and u will be there. Since the calcoulation is pretty tough use google to calculate it for u. eg

http://frihost.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=joined&order=ASC&start=4830
saiyeek
babumuchhala wrote:

Just change the numbers in the address bar and phpBB will show u the users from that point.

Since frihost shows 70 members per page, multiply the page no with 70 & then subtratct 70 ie if u want to vist page no 70, then 70*70-70 and u will be there. Since the calcoulation is pretty tough use google to calculate it for u. eg

This works
saiko
silliman wrote:
Aloha FriHost Team,

The other day I was cruizing through the "Memberlist" page and sorting the fields by various categories when I quickly noticed that in order to get to a specific data point within the 145 pages, I needed to start at one end of the continuum and click "Next," "Next," "Next" until I reached the data element I was looking for.

i've seen some websites where u have only 'Goto page 1, 2, 3.......next ', not the last pages which makes it even more painful Sad .

babumuchhala's good old tricks works for this kind of situation very well.

in some forums u can put the page number and the number of post per page in the address bar also which is the best option i find.

Smile
saiko
z4c.
if you made this code, no one would use it! who searches through all the members? no one!
Panthrowzay
it sorta goes back to a suggestion i made earlier about finding out information anbout points.. ext. the point is phpBB is just not made to hold this many people! but there is nothing we can do about it we just have to deal. sad really but it is the truth nontheless. *crys*
Lennon
If you're interested in how you're doing in the ranks, there's no need to compare yourself to everyone. Just know your rank, know what the categories are for ranks (no of posts),
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14966.html
and you can see the main players in the forums. If you're interested in others profiles just look out for their posts.

As a junior Frihoster you'll find there's too many new members and low FRIH$ holders around your level, so you'll have to do some scrolling. If you wanna make it easier, maybe keep on posting and you'll have your head above the crowd soon. After two weeks I'm easy to find in the memberslist by sorting, all you need is frequent posting.
ralphbefree
these are really great suggestions. Thanx for putting them out there. this was the first time that i've even seen the member pages.... lol.
Jack_Hammer
ralphbefree wrote:
these are really great suggestions. Thanx for putting them out there. this was the first time that i've even seen the member pages.... lol.

*Spammer*
Rolling Eyes
Blaster
That would be nice because sometimes I am in the memberlist section and want to look for a member for some reason. Well i have to go through like maybe 60 pages to get to them. Anyway do it the way www.ebay.com does it. You can type the page number in that you wish to go to.Go to page

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?fsop=1&fsoo=1&keyword=on&from=R3&strKw=+car&siteid=0&satitle=car&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6
look there to see what I am talking about.
n0obie4life
/me waits for Bondings to come online so I can suggest stuff.
Nameless
babumuchhala wrote:

I agree with this, and do so myself on occasions on other sites. I don't think it's exactly much of difficulty... I mean, really, you just need to know your 7 times tables. Come on. Most of the time you are looking at something long like that you'll only be interested in the start, the end, or going along one at a time. I don't think any changes are needed.