FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows vs. Linux

XFPro
Which is better?
Windows or Linux.
ocalhoun
Duh...
Shiva
well this diskcussion, I've seen before.. lots of times...

and once again I say.. if you know a lot about windows, thats the best...

but if you don't know anything about it, you would thin Linux is better.. cause linux gives you the rights to do everything... windows dosen't..

but I personally thinks that Windows is the best operationsystem..
cepher
not even worth saying again

but duh

lets put it this way: which one crashes more often, has more bugs, has more viruses, and is less secure?
Shiva
the only problem with windows is (exept for the viruses, poor secure and the bugs) that it's not your slave as default, linux is.. but you have to hit windows hard with something hard before it does whatever you want it to!!!

If you can't handle an big Operating system, use linux.. it's simple, easy and free off any resistance...
Srs2388
I really dont like linux the whole look to it just isn't what I like and the alot of my hardware woudn't be compatable =(
thats just my opinion though
LostOverThere
Linux.

Easially.

It cant get spyware as easily as Windows, mainly because you cant edit the Linux System folder, in Windows, you can edit the Windows System folder.
mark
Windows ofcourse, cause I have never worked on Linux before!!
LandShark
Matters if you know how to use UNIX commands and use a linux based computer. Windows, anyone can use. Linux, you actually need to know something about computers if you want to use it. Since (Most versions) of linux are basically command based, you need to know the commands and stuff. If you want to go for simplicity, go for windows. There are programs for linux to use windows programs on if you do go for linux. But if you want power and speed go for linux, if you want ease and a unstabble system go for windows.
ocalhoun
If you want simplicity?
Go to SuSE or Fedora core 1 from redhat.
Jack_Hammer
LostOverThere wrote:
Linux.

Easially.

It cant get spyware as easily as Windows, mainly because you cant edit the Linux System folder, in Windows, you can edit the Windows System folder.

Even if you wanted to, you know you could make Linux look exactly like Windows?, and most hardware is compatible you just need to find the right drivers.
Soulfire
I've never used a Linux, and considering almost everything is made for Windows, I would go with that. The only reason there is so many viruses, etc. in windows computers is because almost everyone owns one! Obviously if there are millions of computers versus only a substantially smaller number, there will be MANY more problems with the bigger computer because there is just so many of them.

Everything is made for windows, including malware, spyware, viruses, adware, trojans, keyloggers, etc.
solarwind
cepher wrote:
not even worth saying again

but duh

lets put it this way: which one crashes more often, has more bugs, has more viruses, and is less secure?

I AGREE. LONG LIVE LINUX!!!!!!
solarwind
ocalhoun wrote:
If you want simplicity?
Go to SuSE or Fedora core 1 from redhat.

FEDORA CORE 4 FROM REDHAT, ITS THE NEWEST ONE, AND FEDORA CORE 5 IS DUE OUT SOMETIME IN FEBRYARY I THINK...
solarwind
Soulfire wrote:
I've never used a Linux, and considering almost everything is made for Windows, I would go with that. The only reason there is so many viruses, etc. in windows computers is because almost everyone owns one! Obviously if there are millions of computers versus only a substantially smaller number, there will be MANY more problems with the bigger computer because there is just so many of them.

Everything is made for windows, including malware, spyware, viruses, adware, trojans, keyloggers, etc.

ummm... its darn hard to make a keylogger for linux. linux is much more secure and wont execute or let anything or anyone do anything to system files without a root password. so, even if everyone used linux, it would give virus creators a darn hard time to make a good virus/keylogger

go with linux, fedora core 4 is my personal favourite. also, a program called wine can let you use your windows programs on linux, a lot of them like winamp and the browser and the word processor and such. even some nice games work too!

also, lots of ppl are switching to linux cuz the other os cant properly manage their hardware such as the newer dualcore processors like the amd athlon x2. linux does a MUCH better job handeling the stuff than the other os
n0obie4life
The close command is the best for spam topics.

-close-