FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Macworld 2006 Keynote

Do you think that hes gonna get rid of the old product names
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Not Sure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

fayettemat
if you have seen the keynote at the MWESF 2006 then you know that apple now has intel processor how many of you guys think that he's gonna get rid of the powerbook and iBook?
riv
Probably, I mean, "MacBook Pro?" He's gonna have to name something "MacBook!" But I don't think he's going to change the name of the other macs. At least, I hope not... I mean "MacBook Pro" doesn't exactly roll off the tounge, but I am already getting used to it...
Cridiron
I heard that every Apple computer by the end of 2006 with have an Intel chip. I don't think they sell the G5's anymore.
riv
Yeah, Steve mentioned in his keynote that all the Macs would be Intels by the end of the year, but what do you mean that they don't sell G5's anymore? I mean, they still sell the non-Intel computers, and they still will, until the Intel ones come to replace them.
Kd527
Apple still sells G4s and G5s, but by the end of the year it will all be Intel. About the names: the speculation is that all the Macs will have the name "Mac" in it. Thus, the PowerBook will become the MacBook Pro and the iBook will probably become the MacBook. The iMac, PowerMac, and Mac mini will probably remain the same.