FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Backup email

Blaster
Quote:
Someone has managed to guess the password for one of my various hotmail accounts and they used the password to get into my frihost forum account. I still have access to my DirectAdmin panel but I can not log in to the forum. Could one of the Mods or Admins reset my password, you can confirm that it is me by comparing the IP address used with this post and the IP that I use for all my other posts

I was reeding this and I thought that it might be a good idea if you were to make it where you can make a backup email address. Where if someone steals your password like him you can request it to your secondary account.
matt87
How do people always seem to lose their password? or have someone manage to guess their password? I blame it on lack of responsibility and their fault for putting such an easy password. A hint for making a passwork. Don't make it short, make sure it has both numbers and letters, and don't make it similar to you username. People always make these mistakes.
DX-Blog
qwerty someone? Razz.
matt87
DX-Blog wrote:
qwerty someone? Razz.

qwerty?
DX-Blog
matt87 wrote:
DX-Blog wrote:
qwerty someone? Razz.

qwerty?

Qwerty is a commonly used password by people. If you would go by a list of 100 email addresses there'll most likely be at least 1 using the password qwerty, at least where I live.

In belgium the variant is azerty in example.

It are the top left 6 letters on your keyboard, so whatever stands under 1-6.
Blaster
So what do you say bondings? qwerty that is a good one. never would have thought about it.