FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flaming mouse burns house down

Could the home owner be acountable for arson?
yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
no
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
the mouse did it so it's not his fault
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
the mouse should go to jail
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

glennesau
Quote:
A mouse took fiery revenge on a man who threw it into a pile of burning leaves, by burning his house down.

The flaming mouse ran back into the wooden house of 81-year-old Luciano Mares in New Mexico, setting it afire and virtually destroying the building.

Mr Mares said he had caught the mouse in his home on Saturday and threw it on a pile of refuse and leaves he was burning in the garden.

"The mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he told the Clovis News Journal newspaper.

--------Comcast.net Strange News

reminds me of a bugs bunny cartoon

Quote:
"The mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he told the Clovis News Journal newspaper.

The mouse got his revenge. Think this guy should have either let the mouse live in the house too or have gotten a cat to capture the mouse. In other words NEVER TRUST THE MOUSE IN YOUR HOUSE, they can be sneaky.
toughtrio
What has to happen always happens, but happens with different perspectives.
DX-Blog
Mice and rats are intelligent creatures you know Wink. That guy just got outsmarted Laughing
UMBlueMusic
Thats what you get for throwing a living animal into a pile of burning leaves. Although I'd like to see the insurance claim for that...and he sort of is partially responsible, when it comes down to it.
ato784
that guy is very unlucky. the mouse was only trying to flee, and ended up burning the guys house down. i guess the mouse got revenge.
deanhills
I'm confused. How can a mouse be flaming? Mice are quite tiny and there has to be moisture in their pelts, this sounds a bit weird, doesn't it? Question
ocalhoun
Accountable for arson? I don't think so... Is there a law against burning your own house down, if it doesn't threaten anybody else's life or property?

deanhills wrote:
I'm confused. How can a mouse be flaming? Mice are quite tiny and there has to be moisture in their pelts, this sounds a bit weird, doesn't it? Question

Had crawled through a petroleum-based spill recently?

Guy made up the story about the mouse to cover for him burning his house down to collect on insurance?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Guy made up the story about the mouse to cover for him burning his house down to collect on insurance?
Yes, that did go through my mind, but probably more like his son or daughter, as apparently he is quite old. Quite a number of scenarios possible. But yes your possibility of a petroleum-based spill, could be right on as well. But if the mouse had been dumped outside, that would have been quite a long distance that it had to run while it was "flaming"?
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
that would have been quite a long distance that it had to run while it was "flaming"?

I suspect mice run quite fast when on fire.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Right, and when you do, one would have thought that would have been a speed that would have put out the blaze ..... Laughing
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Right, and when you do, one would have thought that would have been a speed that would have put out the blaze ..... Laughing

Lol! I'd have thought that as well!

...pity for the mouse though really, the guy was out of order in my opinion, he should have killed it quickly by stamping on it, or whatever, death by fire is pretty cruel in my mind.
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
...pity for the mouse though really, the guy was out of order in my opinion, he should have killed it quickly by stamping on it, or whatever, death by fire is pretty cruel in my mind.
Right, sounds a bit fishy, doesn't it ..... Shocked Very Happy
standready
ocalhoun wrote:
Is there a law against burning your own house down, if it doesn't threaten anybody else's life or property?

I am sure there is especially if you try to collect on insurance

deanhills wrote:

A little gasoline put on the mouse before throwing in fire possibly.

ocalhoun wrote:

That sounds more like what happen.
watersoul
standready wrote:

ocalhoun wrote:

Yep, come to think of it, I remember when my cat killed a mouse during an outside party so we threw it on the fire. It took ages to actually burn (even 'bubbled' up horribly for a while) and it's stinking smell was pretty bad! Shocked
...the flammability of mice was not advertised well that day so it's hard for me to imagine one burning a house down!
deanhills
standready wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Right, I had thought so too. I can't imagine a mouse running from outside to the house and still be flaming enough to set the house alight. Just does not make sense at all unless gasoline has been involved as well, but wouldn't the investigators be able to pick up on when gasoline has been used?
Cliffer
it's not mouse fault