FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP

bluffmango
I dont really have knowledge about PHP, but i want to use this ready made domain WHOIS checking PHP script on my website , everything is fine, but when a user searches for a domain, then he is to be taken to a domain registration form page if domain is available now i want to pass the domain name the user entered, to the Registration page as a variable, BUT i dont know how to do it, i know that the variable to be passed is $domain and is to be passed through GET method but how??? how will i make it appear in a form field in the registration page form??? and is the registration page is to have a PHP extension strictly if yes how can i make a form page in php,, is there any gui for php??? or can it be a simple HTML page with form fields etc etc coz i dont know how to make PHP pages.... Any body GOT a SOLUTION............
omeration
no, im not really sure i understood ur message or not. But I think what your saying is for somebody to search for a site that is not taken: click that, go to the registration page for that page right?

If so, you cannot do that with just html, much php codign would be needed.
orno
moved to scripting...you might a more useful reply here Smile
Nyizsa
Have you written the "domain registration form page" you redirect your users to? I doubt it. So, since you don't know how the site accepts values (if it accepts any), my advice is letting this idea go...
On the other hand, if you did make that page, just post the fact here! In that case this will be an easy one, I am willing to help you, of course.
bluffmango
Code:
Have you written the "domain registration form page" you redirect your users to? I doubt it. So, since you don't know how the site accepts values (if it accepts any), my advice is letting this idea go...
On the other hand, if you did make that page, just post the fact here! In that case this will be an easy one, I am willing to help you, of course.

Lets be very simple just create a form fileds page written in php , in which one of the fields is filled with a variable $domain when a user lands form another php page to this page. Dont worry about the variable to be sent to this page jus make a form fields page in php accepting a varibale as mentioned above in one of the fileds of the form through the GET method......and the form should be such that it is to be emailed to my email thats it.....is it possible to be done?
Nyizsa
If you write a form page, which accepts a variable through GET, you can simply use the variable as
Code:
$domain=$_GET['domain'];

and you can do anything with it. For example, you can assign it as a default value of a text field. Is that what you want?
BlackSkad
Code:
register.php
------------

<html>
<head>
<title>Register</title>
</head>
<body>
<form action="" method="post">
Your domain:
<input type="text" name="domain" value="<?php $_GET['domain']; ?>" />
Maybe some more inputs...
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>
</body>
</html>

Redirecting from the Check-script will be something like below:
Code:
<?php
header ('location: pathtofile/register.php?domain='.$domain);
exit;
?>

I hope this is what you mean...
DX-Blog
The check script isn't that easy to create yourself. Luckily there is an open source alternative:
http://www.phpwhois.com/

It is pretty much up to date and checks just about every single registar out there.
BlackSkad
Oh, never noticed you wanted to be sent to your email.
There are two ways I 'know'.
First one is the action-attribute of the html-form. I don't know how your email then looks like though...
Code:
<form action="mailto:you@somwhere.com">

Second is the php mail-function. If you want more information on this one, you can check out the two links mentioned in this topic.

If you have questions about it, please ask...