FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Skinning Wordpress

WickedGravity
Alright, there are two ways to do this. A long way for those of you who are artistically inclined, and a short and simple one for those of us whom the gift of an airprushers hand was not given.

The long way is set out step by step and will not be repeated here at The Tao Of Brian's Skinning Tutorial.

The second, and in my opinion, much easier way, is the following step by step procedure.

1. Go to The Theme Switcher Official Web Site.

2. Right click On the file "theme-switcher.php" and save to a directory you will remember, prefferably /public_html/Your Wordpress Directory/wp-content/plugins/

3. Go to Alex King's Theme Browser and download your theme(s) of choice.

4. Unzip the files you download to the /public_html/Your Wordpress Directory/wp-content/themes

5. In your browser, go to the admin panel of Wordpress.

6. Click On The "Plugins" tab, which is the sixth from the right on the very top row.

7. In The "Plugin Management" screen, notice where it says ""Theme Switcher" and click the "Activate" link on the far right.

8. Click The "View Site" link on the top of any page that appears in the Admin Console to take you back to your Wordpress site.

9. On the left hand side of your page there should be a sub-heading named "Themes". Click on the themes you have downloaded and uploaded back to your server to "skin" your page in that theme.

All questions on this tutorial will be answered to the best of my ability as soon as I can. Please remember I have a newborn to take care of and my time is a little more limited.
meangurl
oh wow! looks really good. i'm going to try it out as soon as i get back at home, i still have a little errand. anyway i'm gonna post here if i have some problems or questions. thanks a bunch Wink
WickedGravity
Always a pleasure to help out.

Like you said, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask them here and I will see what I can do.
coolpages
this is a nice tutorial
but for some reason its not working for me... maybe i downloaded it wrong or something

i'll see wats wrong.. and then ask for help
WickedGravity
I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

This is going to sound stupid, but, if you're like me and you do a lot of this at night, make sure you upload all your files back to your serer, an error I make nearly daily.

I'll be waiting for your questions
meangurl
yes, i reviewed this thread last night but i simply don't have the time to post in frihost since i was too busy deleting several topics on another forum. anyway, i have a little problem. my problem is i want a tutorial on how to make a wordpress template. e.g. skinning.

but don't worry though, i've found a good site: http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page although it may take time for me to learn it

but thanks... someday i'm gonna use this tutorial if i'm gonna have several themes. but right now i'm still dealing on how to make a skin

thanks for your help. very much appreciated Dancing
xpfocus
Thanks for sharing this, great help for we newbie
xpfocus
Thanks for sharing this, great help for we newbie