FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Explain some terms

vignesh_natraj
I need to know some terms associated with ads
CTR, impressions,lead,etc
wumingsden
CTR:
Quote:

Short for click-through rate, the ratio of the number of times a user clicks on an online advertisement per number of viewers who view the Web site that has the advertisement on it. For example, if one out of 100 people who visit a specific Web site click on an advertisement and are taken to the advertiser's site, then the CTR of that advertisement is 1/100, or 1%.

Impressions:
Quote:

An advertisement's appearance on an accessed Web page. For example, if the page you're on shows three ads, that's three impressions. Advertisers use impressions to measure the number of views their ads receive, and publishers often sell ad space according to impressions. (It can be tough to know, though, whether an impression really means a visitor saw the ad, since they could be browsing without graphics or might not have scrolled down far enough.) Impressions are tracked in a log maintained by a site server and are often sold on a cost per thousand (CPM) basis.
DX-Blog
Lead: An event on the merchant site such as a registration or a sign up. The commission will be a fixed amount per lead.