FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Choosing TV Card

quartz
I have to choose TV Card between:

[AVERTV HYBRID PCI] AVER TV ANALOG+DIGITAL TUNER,FM,REMOTE
and
HAUPPAUGE TV CARD WINTV-HVR-1100 PCI/ DUAL ANALOG+DIGITAL/ FM/ REMOTE CONTROL/ MCE2005 COMPATIBLE

which one u can recommend?
shwetanshu
i have heard from my cousin in us that HAUPPAUGE is better though i dont get these in India
dxhunter
Recommend you SkyStar-2 PCI Digital Satalite TV Card.
LordSata
None of these!
TERRATEC make a very good TV-card... I have a meda center with a cinergy 400, it is very old but it works very good.... The new product of terratec is better than the card you have mentioned.
caaltt
I personally just have an external tv tuner being the ATi USB 2.0
It works reasonably.

I would however prefer an internal card and would go for one of ATi's
All-in-wonders....but then again, I don't have fundage for that.

If I had to choose I would probably take the Hauppauge.
quartz
I think there is many better TV cards. But now i need to choose between avermedia and hauppage
Animal
It depends what the TV reception is like where you intend to use the card.

You would only need a hybrid card if your Digital TV reception was poor. If you live in a strong-signaled area with good digital TV reception, a hybrid card is a waste of money. It's overly complex and has more bits in it that are likely to break.

Hauppage does have a good reputation, but I think a lot of the Digital TV PC cards are pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't know from first hand experience since I live in the stone age. No digital TV near me at all

Crying or Very sad
otiscom
Go for the Haupauge I've used them and they are good.
bogden
i believe the processing chips they use in these things are all the same, so it is probably just a matter of price / imputs-accepted.
quartz
I need hybrid card because at this time in my area is only analog tv. But there are plans about digital tv in my area in near future,

So i got Hauppage HVR1100. Nice picture and sound, but included software application for TV watching is damn sh... I cant even start tv watching without mouse. When i pressing power button on remote, window appears asking to select pvr application. That window do not accept any button press on remote, so i need select with mouse.
Automatic chanel scaning found all chanels but also ~20 not working chanels

Sometimes when watching tv mouse icon disapears. Mouse is still working but i need to guess where my mouse is pointig at.

There is some sound and picture delay. When i turn on tv watching on other PC with Leadtek Winfast 2000 deluxe tv card(This old card with original software is working nice for me) i get echoing sound.

At this time im looking for TV watching application which supports that hauppage card with remote controller.
thermaltake
I recommend compro i have 1 myself
I have the VideoMate TV PVR/FM (M200) it's really good u can also put scart into it to with a converter.