FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

G7 mouse

jozsi1983
Does anyone have the G7 mouse form Logitech. Tell me what you think of it. I have it and I think its fantastic. One flaw....battery life. YOu have to switch out the batteries twice a day. I guess thats why they give you 2 batteries. But hey I just want to know what other people think.
Davidgr1200
Do you use recharegable batteries? It's going to be really expensive otherwise. The normal AA size batteries have nowadays more capacity (and will last longer) than their nonrechargeable equivalents. I believe an ordinary good quality alkaline battery is around 2400 mAh but you can now buy rechargeable ones with 2700mAh. They can be recharged about 1000 times (I've just thrown some away which I bought 20 years ago) so last almost forever. You can save a lot of money that way and they would be ideal for a mouse.
orno
its absolutely fabulous..... but ditto on the battery life... first thing i bought after the mouse was rechargeable batteries and i have to recharge every 4-5 days...
hack_man_
I always use re-chargables with anything wireless (keyboards, etc. not internet or networking obviously). I find that if you buy your own re-chargable batteries and charger then they last longer because the ones that come with it are not very good and don't last very long. The only problem is that some companies are making their own hybrid batteries that are just a little bigger than AAA batteries but smaller that AA's so you have to use their own ones. It is also annoying when the wireless recciever is the charger as well because it can seriously damage your USB (if it does not charge through a seperate AC cable).

I find that rechargable batteries really useful because I am quite a photographer and my HP camera uses lots of batteries, I was going through 12 AA batteries a month before!!!
speedlikecy
have picture to see?
gonzo

http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review3352_main16768_page2.html

Platform
Well if battery is a problem why not go with the G5 Question

Even better tracking accuracy Smile