FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want to kill/slay/erase/get rid of cpanel

polarBear
That's it. I want to make cPanel disappear. All I need is ftp access and PMA. cPanel is slow, error prone, and basically disturbing for me. As I don't pretend a custom panel or anything like that, can I ask to get switched to DirectAdmin?

Is that possible? Just asking
Bondings
I agree with your statements about cPanel. That doesn't make DirectAdmin better. DirectAdmin lacks a few features of cPanel and vice versa. DirectAdmin also has a few bugs. As a host I certainly would choose for DirectAdmin, though. As a customer/user, it depends.

The problems are:
-You will need to change your subdomain from .frihost.net to .frih.net if you have a subdomain.
-You will need to transfer your files and databases and change the software config if you change your subdomain. (just a few values though)
-I don't really have much time lately.
polarBear
-You will need to change your subdomain from .frihost.net to .frih.net if you have a subdomain.

Wonderful!

-You will need to transfer your files and databases and change the software config if you change your subdomain. (just a few values though)
No problem at all, I wouldn't care at all even if I had to lose them; I wasn't using the space anyway, kept procrastinating. Same'ol story. Big expectations, no action.

-I don't really have much time lately.
As soon as yo feel like it, please notify me so I can begin building my site on a more confortable environment Smile

Thanks for reading!
Marston
polarBear wrote:
That's it. I want to make cPanel disappear. All I need is ftp access and PMA. cPanel is slow, error prone, and basically disturbing for me. As I don't pretend a custom panel or anything like that, can I ask to get switched to DirectAdmin?

Is that possible? Just asking
How come you wouldn't just use ftp and phpMyAdmin, and ignore your Cpanel completley? Wouldn't that be alot easier?
polarBear
that would be cool, except when I think that I would have to manually make subdomains, administrate logs, and all the small things that control panels DO group on a single GUI. I NEED -as in can't replace with anything- PMA and ftp, but I LIKE not having to manually control and set everything.
Marston
Ah, I see. Is Cpanel really that bad? When I used to have a professional hosting account, I always thought it was the business ('the business' is a Britishism for 'very good'). I guess it's different now. The times, they are a changin'.
n0obie4life
Smile.

At least I know I have some supporters now.

Yes, cPanel is that bad, IMHO.